“Good food, reasonably priced, nice location”
Review of Hog Stop BBQ

Hog Stop BBQ
Ranked #19 of 146 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stopped in for lunch had the pulled pork sandwich which was not only good but a good size sand which. This place has a full bar open til 2:00 a.m., however, did not have a drink at lunch. Price for beer was no higher, in fact I remember it was about .50 lower than other bars. Located next to the Days Inn, right off the interstate. Not a five star place but worth every penny.

6  Thank bugsey_2
There are newer reviews for Hog Stop BBQ

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped here because it was virtually in the parking lot with the Days Inn Hotel we were staying. We were going to the Queens of the Stone Age concert at Harrahs Stir Cove Ampitheater. We decided to pre party a bit and eat dinner before going to rock out and smash on a bunch of beers
The food was hot and the Mountains were Blue and thats basically all that really mattered. For appetizers we got Smoked Chicken Nachos and the Blazing hot wings. The Nachos were good, the only thing that was different was that the chips and cheese were like ballgame nachos. The Chicken was good and the toppings were fresh. The Blazing Wings weren't really that blazing. They were hot but nothing too crazy.
For the Main course we had a couple of sandwiches I had the shaved beef brisket with smoked mac and cheese. The sandwich was served with a caddy of various sauces.
The bartender's name was Joe. He was pretty cool. He was all creamed up about the NFL preseason game that was on and switched all the TV's to the Dolphins Cowboys Hall of Fame Game. He had a sad look on his face when we asked him to turn the bar TV back to Sports Center so we could see some Twins highlights, but he obliged.
2 apps, 2 sandwiches, 4 rounds of beer and a couple shots came to right around 75$ with tip.

9  Thank Chad V
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate the buffet. The buffet had several choices on it. All was very good! If I had one complaint, food could of been warmer, but taste was very good. Sauces are excellent as well. Brought my 4 year old, and we really enjoyed the sweet corn from buffet. If in Council Bluffs, a must stop if looking for BBQ.

6  Thank Hawk247
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The pork and beef were both delicious. The sweet potato fries were some of the best I've had. The mac and cheese needed work - too creamy for my taste. Good value, good service, and good location!

6  Thank m0nd1m00re
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of the best BBQ places I have found! My favorite is the smoked pork sandwich and coleslaw. My friends love the smoked mac and cheese and cornbread.They cater and also have their food available at other restaurants, like Rodeos, downtown Council Bluffs. They are open for breakfast though I've never been then. Atmosphere - nothing too fancy, but friendly.

5  Thank KoalaGal