“Watch OUT!”
Review of Sapp Brother's

Sapp Brother's
Ranked #96 of 143 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Description: a major truck stop along I-80 at exit 2, coming from Nebraska, or last exit in Iowa depending on direction. Has restaurant, supplies etc....
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Watch OUT!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We hadn't been in the Sapp restaurant for about 6 weeks until a week ago. WATCH OUT!. Everything on their menu has either gone up about 20% in price, such as the Baked and Fried chicken dinners, from $9.99 to now $11.99. A breakfast from mid $6, to mid $7's.
The other side is when the waitress said there was a "few" things went up in price to another waitress I have have known telling me that lots of things hadn't gotten more expensive, but had been made smaller.
We asked about this specifically because on Saturday morning we ordered the Chicken Fried Chicken breakfast, with the intend of splitting it. It was about 25% smaller, but we didn't say anything because that can happen. BUT, Sunday morning we also ate there and ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. Again it was about 25% less. WE said something and was told the Hamburger Steak went from 10 OZ to 8 OZ. I mentioned it to a friend Sunday afternoon, who I knew ate there. His comment was he had ordered the Pork Tenderloin and rather than being large enough to cut and double up on the bun, it was, "about half of what I got the last time." He went on to say the person he had been with had an order of fries, but it was also, "about half". They changed the basket it came in to make it look big, but the actual number of fries looked to be about half.
Am guessing this is a company wide decision, so my advice is go someplace else. In Council Bluffs, for locals and travelers they are competing against a Culvers and Texas Road House. At the next exit there are at least 15 restaurants.
The truck drivers will go because they have to, but locals and cars should consider stopping 1 exit to the East, drive to the shopping area behind Sam's club if you don't like the ones near the interstate.

• Visited October 2012

MO
“Would never stop here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and 2 grandkids were coming back from a trip from South Dakota and decided to stop here because of Sapp brothers reputation. The restaurant was very slow at the time we entered. We ordered and it took 30 minutes to get our order while other people that came in behind us received their food. When our food arrived my 2 grandkids ordered mac and cheese with a fruit cup, there was no fruit cup on their plates and when showing the menu to the waitress there was no choice it clearly stated with fruit cup. They received french fries and my wife asked the waitress where is the fruit cup she just laughed and said I MUST HAVE PUNCHED IN FRENCH FRIES AND NOT FRUIT CUP. No sorry or I will get them a fruit cup. I will never stop here again because of the RUDE waitress. I realize people make mistakes but they need to correct them. No sorry when I paid the bill and also no price adjustment for her mistake. There are many other fine resaurants in the council bluffs area.

• Visited September 2012