“They’re back and it’s awesome”
Review of Boxer Barbeque

Boxer Barbeque
Ranked #12 of 172 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Award Winning Barbeque Restaurant offering Lunch, Dinner, Carry Out and Catering for all occasions! New Owners bringing Barbeque to the next Level while Continuing the Tradition. When it comes to Barbecue, this is as Good as it gets! From our mouthwatering smoked meats to our handmade side dishes - everything from Boxer Barbeque is made from scratch. Stop in Today for Lunch or Dinner or Pick Up Barbeque to go! Don't forget about us for all of your catering needs for your business or social occasion.
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Jeff and Renee bought the business and reopened for in-store dining. Thank you! Loved the brisket sandwich and the beans are so good. Bought some takeout for this weekend gathering too. This is a jewel for Council Bluffs! I understand they will be relocating to Main Street which will be a better location.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (58)

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Stopped in to this BBQ place while visiting family. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich with slaw. The pulled pork was very smoky and seasoned well. It was delicious and just as good or even better than the BBQ that we have in Georgia. It reminded me of Texas style BBQ since I used to live there. The slaw was also very creamy and good. The waitress very very friendly and excellent. All in all a great little BBQ place. Next time I will try the beef brisket. The only problem I will mention is I had a hard time trying to find the way into the place since it is kind of in a tight spot along a one way street. They told me they were going to move downtown so that will be a good new spot for them.

Date of visit: May 2018
Renae D, Owner at Boxer Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Boxer BBQ! We love hearing from happy customers. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in Council Bluffs!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

Great service always. They have A nice little seating area.there potato salad and corn bread is also the best. best BBQ around. I will go out of my way to have this BBQ

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2016

bbq was great last time I was there. went there about twice week then they decided to just cater. now I am out and not happy. If I would need a caterer I would never call Boxer even if it was the last caterer in town
to bad that they are closed to the public

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Danny L
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Always a great meal! So delicious, moist and tender meats, nice size portions, great tasting! We have always had a good meal, casual dining and somewhat of help yourself atmosphere. Call for hours.

Date of visit: October 2015