“Almost Missed It!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
York
“Almost Missed It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

From the outside we were not sure if we were coming to a catering company or a restaurant. We almost left but decided to poke our heads in and see if this was a place to eat. What a treat. The nachos were the best! The sandwiches we ordered were very generous, and the beans and the cornbread were wonderful. I'm glad we stepped in!

Visited May 2014

Omaha, United States
“Best barbeque around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

The location and restaurant itself is not fancy, but it is a hidden gem. All other barbeque has been ruined for me in comparison to Boxer. Do not dine here without trying the beef brisket, corn bread, and the potato salad.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Melts in your mouth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

The restaurant isn't in the best location (kind of hard to get to) but the food is awesome. My husband & I always get a 3-meat dinner with ribs for him, chicken for me, and brisket that we share. The beans are great too, flavored with meat and bbq sauce. You can get fries but it's an additional charge; they are quite good. We've never had any complaints with the food or service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Very good KC-style BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Finally tried Boxer BBQ in Council Bluffs. Closest thing to good KC-style barbecue in the Omaha metro area. Really, really good ribs and a pulled pork/beef brisket combo sandwich. The best side was an order of beans- nicely done with little chunks of rib meat in them. Good slaw and potato salad. The corn on the cob was overcooked and the cornbread was bland and overly moist. It looks like their primary focus is carryout and catering.

FYI, they don't have a liquor license. The young man behind the counter said it was okay to BYOB and directed me to drive through liquor store next door. Let's just say you ought to use the drive through. The local character buying after me at the walk up window (apparently the store is locked up after dark) advised me that it was a pretty sketchy area to walking around in.

Buffalo
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had the brisket and smoked sausage platter here. Both were good but I have to say the brisket was among the best I have ever tasted. The varities of sauces available were good too. Very worth the trip!

• Visited August 2013