Harrah's Council Bluffs
Comfort Suites(Council Bluffs)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,850 results
All reviewsdiamond loungebackstage grillsmall casinototal rewardscasino floorslot machinesa lot of funtable gamesharrah's casinostir covetop floorrooms are nicefree shuttlemissouri rivergreat place to staydowntown omahastaff was friendly
Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

Invited for a 3 night visit and a concert. It started out with a complimentary flight from Chicago. On arrival expected to be picked up by Harrahs, called while waiting at the airport, was put on hold three times, ended up taking a cab to the hotel. Had a gracious cab driver who offered to comp. The ride to the hotel to improve our experience. On arrival to the property no bellman came out to help with our luggage. Check in was fine. Room was okay. Had an early dinner at 360 which was the highlight of the trip. If you don't gamble or golf you are s.o.l. Casino is small and machines don't pay out. Room service is limited and horrible, they lost our order and then took so long we needed to pick it up ourselves. When complaining to a manager in food service no reason or apology was given for the poor service. We have visited many different Harrahs properties and this one should be closed down due to the staff not giving a crap about the level of service they provide. This is our first and last visit to this property.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2015

Is one a great time staying in this hotel was clean when i walked in they people at the front desk seemed helpful and it has at least three place to choose from to have lunch or diner and is within driving distance to other places to eat, a movie theater and the Mid America Center.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2015

I stayed at Harrah's Council Bluffs for a long weekend. it was a pleasure trip -- to gamble at Harrah's and Horseshoe. And because I play regularly at other Harrah's location, I got a comped suite, which I want to tell you up front, in case you think it will bias my review (which I don't think it will but that's up for you to decide).
I checked in on a Thursday afternoon, and there was no line. The woman behind the desk was incredibly nice and helpful. She even made me dinner reservations for one night at Harrah's steak house and another night at Horseshoe's nice restaurant. When she said to let her know if she could help in any other way, she seemed to genuinely mean it -- it wasn't just her spiel.
My room was on the 10th floor (I think there are 12 floors total). The bed was mucho comfy, although I had to climb onto it. Nothing seemed shabby or in need or repair or an update. I did have a light that didn't work but when I told that nice person behind the desk, she got it fixed! I had a living/dining combo -- nice couch but otherwise nothing fancy and a wet bar.
My room overlooked the outdoor concert venue, Stir Cove. So on Saturday night, when there was a concert, I didn't have to leave my room to hear the music! I just sat on my couch and drank a complimentary bottle of their house distilled water. It didn't bother me, since the concert was over before 11 p.m. (That nice woman behind the desk told me they have a noise ordinance that prohibits the concerts from going past 11.)
The shower was weird. It was hot and powerful -- two musts in my book -- but the showerhead was kind of punishing and I didn't know how to make it more gentle. So I got in and out pretty fast. The bathroom amenities were so-so and basic.
One warning on getting your room cleaned: I'd leave my room around noon and it took many hours after I'd leave for them to clean my room. And by the way, the maids all go to lunch at the same time it appears (instead of being staggered). I think that contributed to the late cleaning, but who knows.

Room Tip: I think the higher up the better
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2015

If you enjoy doing a little gambling for fun and want a nice room to stay in, this hotel offers the comfort and great quality. It is convenient to downtown Omaha or the Omaha airport. The only downside we found was that the casino could use some more up-to-date slot machines.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Took my parents and girlfriend to Harrah's Casino and Hotel for the weekend. We enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and also the fun attractive gambling entertainment. We also ate at the buffet and it was very good in meeting out expectations.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family