Harrah's Council Bluffs
Hotwire.com
$107
Fairfield Inn
1,809 results
All reviewsdiamond loungebackstage grilltotal rewardscasino floorsmall casinogreat casinoslot machinesa lot of funtable gamesharrah's casinostir covetop floorfree shuttlerooms are nicemissouri rivergreat place to staydowntown omaha
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a quick overnight stay but walked the grounds and dined in the morning. Was not much available for the time I arrived.

Room was spacious and very comfortable. I had a beautiful view of Downtown and the river for which I kept my curtains open for most of the night.

I booked a great rate through secondary source and was very satisfied with that. Hope to return sometime in the future when I have more time.

Room Tip: I liked the river/city views the best....parking is a little chaotic but you have choice of valet, if you know the routes ...it is a good jumping off pt. for many of the popular local attractions and the airport.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Trying to book a room at this casino is a nightmare. You get a reservation center somewhere in New Delhi. Besides the language barrier, the reservation personnel is not familar with the promotions and offers. My husband was on the phone for over 30 minutes with two different people just trying to book a room for a mid week evening. He was told that he was getting the last room and an unbelievably high rate. In frustration he declined. I ended up calling the Council Bluffs location direct and was lucky enough to get a very helpful person on the line. She said that they are supposed to transfer all calls to the reservation center but since she was not busy she would help me. She stated they had plenty of rooms available and we were able to use our "free room" coupon that we received in the mail. Within minutes we had our reservation.

The hotel itself is average. Starting to show a little wear, but I thought the bed was extremely comfortable. The casino was dead. I could not believe how few people were in there. Even during the week, there is a lot more action going on at the Ameristar down the street.

This experience solidifies why my first choice is Ameristar between these two casino hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here this month prior to leaving for a flight out of Omaha. We stayed here because they allow you to keep your car here for free while you fly and have a covered garage. They also have a free shuttle to the airport.

Rooms were nice. Two queen beds, desk, fridge, coffee maker. Bathrooms were very nice sized. No butting up against the shower when you are at the sink. Probably 4 feet between the two. Beds were comfy, nice pillows. We didn't hear a peep from any other neighbors.

Staff was very nice and friendly. Casino is just down the hallway. They are advertising that they are building a new casino soon.

No free breakfast. Buffet and cafe downstairs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed for a quick overnight trip before flying out, probably wouldn't choose this one again for a longer stay. The room was nice, comfortable beds, ok bathroom. I find it outrageous to charge $11/day for wifi, but whatever.

The front desk staff was rude, plain and simple. We arrived late, but I had called twice to let them know exactly what time we were arriving, and that we wanted a king bed. On the phone, that was no problem. When we got there however, the front desk clerk rudely told me that if I wanted a king I should have been there earlier. So we were stuck with 2 queens. Meh.

I know it's a casino, but the smoke was outrageous. They are all smokey, I get that, but this was insane. I can't believe they can have conferences here. Surely there is some kind of ventilation system available...

I was also disappointed the buffet was not open later. The diner was good, but it's a casino, I'm looking forward to a buffet! Meh again, next time we'll stay at the Horseshoe-better casino, better food, nicer people, better value.

Room Tip: Go high to get away from the smoke, and for a good view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. I can find that at most any hotel in a metro area. I want a few more extras when staying at a Casino Hotel, maybe better room amenities, maybe more elaborate decorations in the Lobby, something. It just missed something but overall my stay was very pleasant.

It was a nice hotel but I will try a different location next time I am in the Omaha area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business