“Review of Friday buffet dinner only”

Ameristar Casino Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs features 160 luxurious rooms that are tastefully decorated, many of which include panoramic views of the Missouri River. Ameristar Council Bluffs is proud to boast the largest riverboat casino in Iowa. This 38,500-square-feet casino in Council Bluffs includes a selection of popular slot and table games. Ameristar Casino Hotel in Council Bluffs includes four dining options, a supervised kids activity center, video game arcade and an indoor swimming pool.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I do not gamble so I cannot speak about the gambling facilities. This review is only in regards to the crab legs/prime rib dinner buffet held on Fridays.

This was my first buffet experience at Ameristar and it was great! I went with some friends and my sister (who is a pescetarian - vegetarian + seafood only) and there was a great variety of food for all. The crab legs were great, the prime rib was really not (the main thing holding off from a 5 point review) but that's ok - plenty of other stuff to eat here.

The service was excellent and our waiter cruised by every few minutes to check on us.

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks for dining with us! I’m glad you enjoyed your first experience at Heritage Buffet. I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your prime rib. We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Well come on .... Just a big loser in every slot... Went during the midweek and it felt like a big punch in the gust. My lose when I step in!

1  Thank mlickne1
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went to Ameristar with my parents, since I'm too young to gamble, we went to the buffet. I could not get a single server to refill my drink. My mother, flagged a waitress down with ease to refill her drink and requested that the lady take mine. The waitress came back with my mother's drink, but not mine. When I asked where mine was, she asked if I waas sure I'd given her my cup. Then, when we asked if someone could take our plates she simply said that wasn't her job and walked off. She, and several other waitresses were rude, snippy, and simply unwilling to serve us. I would have understood their reaction if we were being unreasonable or unruly... but all we wanted was our table cleared and a refill on sprite.
Otherwise, the food was good and the atmosphere wonderful. I just wish it hadn't been a fight to get anything, that it's the waitresses job to do, done.

2  Thank Erin K
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I’m so sorry to hear this, Erin. We want all of our guests to receive the quality service for which we are known. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along to our team members.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were in the area for a wedding and had time to kill during the day. The 3 casinos in Council Bluffs provided some entertainment. Ameristar casino was nice enough, smoky but no worse than usual. The buffet had a cozy atmosphere and attractive stations, although the food was not particularly flavorful. By comparison, Horseshoe's buffet lacked the ambiance but the food was much better.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My mom and I ate their buffet and it was nothing special. I did not think the food was very good or worth driving there for. The place while very large is kind of stuffy.