We were meeting our family at a half-way point, so we chose the Council Bluffs/Omaha area. We were very happy with this hotel in general - the hotel is kept clean and is updated. The rooms were spacious and beds were comfy. We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the river. I agree with a previous reviewer that there is residual smoke smell when you get out onto the 5th floor from the elevator, but we did not have any of that smell in our room at all. We were glad to have a refrigerator in our room, but it wasn't that big and didn't have any freezer area to keep our ice packs frozen. Also, there was no fan in the bathroom which would have been nice to keep the steam from the shower at bay. We did not use the pool, but did walk by several times - it looked like a great area for both kids and adults and seemed clean. We really liked that this hotel is connected to the amenities of the Ameristar casino - although we didn't use the casino, we liked that they had options for child care and great restaurants that were only a short walk away. The free shuttle service was great as we wanted to be able to head out for a night on the town without having to worry about driving. The front desk staff was ok - not overly friendly, but not rude either - just more matter of fact when interacting with us. The breakfast was ok - not spectacular - the standard continental breakfast fare - we did like that they had some heated (eggs, sausage) options and they were refilling the breakfast even up to the time when it was supposed to be over. Overall, this hotel met our needs and we would definitely recommend it or stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the banks of the Missouri River and attached to the Ameristar Casino we are right in the heart of the Omaha\Council Bluffs Metro Area. We provide a complimentary 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport and anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. We offer a complimentary breakfast along with an on-site bar and 4 restaurants located in the attached casino. If you're in town for business or fun we have everything you need! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Council Bluffs Holiday Inn