“One night stay to fly out the next day. ”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“One night stay to fly out the next day. ”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night because we had a early flight out the next day. Great stay as always. Beautiful day to walk outside by the river. Our kids love the pool along with the biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah N
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Sarah N,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. I sincerely appreciate you choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay was a complete success and that you were able to enjoy some of our unique features like our location right on the river. It is great to hear that your kids were able to enjoy our pool and our complimentary breakfast in the morning. If you are travelling through the area again, stop by and see us and I look forward to the opportunity to make your next stay even better than your last!

Bill Vanderpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Got a great deal on a last minute booking. Was traveling from Boston and just needed a decent place to rest for a night.

Fairly close to airport so that's a bonus.

The thugs at American Airlines lost my luggage so I arrived at the hotel empty handed. Front desk staff was very attentive and offered complimentary toiletries. Was really appreciated.

Room was great. Must have been a party going on on a boat on the river. Was pretty noisy for a couple of hours. Quieted down fairly early so it wasn't a big deal.

Breakfast was fantastic. Great selection.

Room was super clean which is my biggest factor in a hotel.

Was offered a late checkout so that my luggage could catch up with me before I hit the road.

All in all, a good stay. The price was right and if I'm in the area, I'd consider staying again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Michael J,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community! I am very happy to hear how my staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable after what must have been a very frustrating time with the airlines losing your luggage. I will make sure to relay your kind words to them so they know what a wonderful job they did. It is great that you found our rooms to be very clean as I completely agree that this is a critical area for any hotel. Thank you for choosing to spend your layover here with us and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was on a business trip and don't really care for gambling, but the price was right. This Holiday Inn is very old but they keep it clean. There is a fabulous view out my window of the Missouri river. It has a walkway to the Ameristar Casino in Council Bluffs.
They do have a free hot breakfast which is a savings. And it is very nice. It is much better than the normal Holiday Inn free breakfast where you wonder if those eggs are really eggs. Really good!
Hotel staff is very friendly. I think these people are smart. they know that with 3 or more major casinos in the area, they have to have it together to compete, which they do very well. thank you Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs.
The bad part of the room was it had an old style "window" air conditioner. the desk was next to it and it was annoying to have blow on my while I am working at the desk. Plus it was noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear David J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy for all of the wonderful things you had to say about your time here with us. We do indeed have to be on top of our game to compete in a market with so many different choices and it is great to hear you say how we have made such a wonderful impression on you. From our cleanliness to our friendly service to our complimentary breakfast, we work very hard to try to always do the most we can for our guests and I am very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of these areas. I am sorry that your HVAC unit was noisy and I have relayed that part of your survey to my engineering department to ensure that it is corrected right away. Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Orting, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Convenient to one of the many casinos, adequate free parking, tricky to find at first. Was quiet, and the beds were comfy. Quick check in and free internet. Only thing is there aren't any restaurants within walking distance except at the casino.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear ortingdude,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with me. I sincerely appreciate you choosing to spend your time here with us. It is great to hear that you found so many positive things to share about your experience here. Our comfort and our convenience are two things that we pride ourselves on and I am happy that you found these areas of your stay to be enjoyable. I am sorry that we don't have a restaurant other than the ones in our attached casino but if you stop by to see us again we would be happy to shuttle you to any restaurant within a five mile radius 24 hours a day. There are many different restaurants that fall within that radius and we would be happy to help you enjoy all of the wonderful dining options that Omaha has to offer. The next time you find yourself in the area make sure to stop by and see us and we will make your next stay even better than your last!

Iowa
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The shuttle service is the best in the business and check in was incredibly friendly with my automatic upgrade and an authentic smile. The room was clean and well appointed and while the Mighty Mo isn't the prettiest of all rivers at this location it is still nice to be on the water. I have found my new hotel for when I am in Omaha. Downtown hotels are usually $40 plus per night more and come with a parking fee. This place is nice and if you gamble or like to eat at the hotel they have got you covered.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear tpharkman,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wondeful review of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am very happy to hear that you have found a new home away from home in us. Our authentic, down-to-earth service is something that we pride ourselves on and I am very happy to hear that you have found it so welcoming. Our 24-hour shuttle service and views of the river are two of the more unique aspects of our hotel and I am glad to hear that they have helped to win you over. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you for many more years to come!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The staff was excellent and after flying all-night and morning they even had our room ready ahead of time! It was really nice to be able to just go to our room and relax after traveling. The shuttle service was amazing as well. The drivers were beyond nice and took us to the school and back, which was such a great amenity. The rooms were quiet and clean. The beds were very comfortable and great room service too. Just overall great customer service and such friendly people, on all of our trips back to Omaha, we will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Ctiger99,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful experience with the TripAdvisor community! It really makes our day when one of our guests can share with us that their stay was a complete success! Customer service and friendliness are our biggest focus and my staff will be delighted to learn that each person you came in contact with was friendly and helped to make your time with us even more enjoyable. I also sincerely appreciate you sharing your great experience with one of our best ammenities - our complimentary 24 hour shuttle service. This is a great perk while staying at our hotel and I am happy that you were able to enjoy it. Thank you for such a great review and I look forward to your next trip to Omaha!

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Clean, well attended hotel, but some of the amenities are a little dated and not functioning at 100%. Of particular issue was the plumbing in the bathroom, which did not drain properly (shower or sink) and made strange gurgling noises throughout the night. The heater unit was super loud, and we couldn't tell if the mini fridge was really working. Also, do NOT eat the powdered eggs or breakfast sausage in the continental breakfast. You've been warned.

I think our biggest complaint however was that the entire place kind of smelled like either cigarette smoke or indoor pool chlorine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Jessica K,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. We really apprecaite your business. I am sorry for the issues that you have outlined in your review. I care a great deal about the experiences of each of my guests and I assure you that the maintenance issues will be addressed. I am also happy to report that we are re-tooling and expanding our breakfast offerings as well so there will be a broader selection coming very soon. We are adding new menu items which we will be putting in place over the next month or so. If you find yourself in the area again please stop by and we will show you a much better time!