“Great place stay for any reason!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great place stay for any reason!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband, brother in-law, sister in-law and I stayed here for one night on our way to football game in Kansas City. We really enjoyed the spaciousness of our room with two queen beds. There were two chairs in the room along with a bench which I am guessing is also to put your luggage on. We got into town around 9pm and went to the casino for something to do. It was really nice that you are able to access the casino by not having to walk outside. They even had free breakfast in the morning. The waffles looked to be a great hit for all the kids. The only thing that would be negative is that they had bisquits for breakfast, but no gravy. Otherwise we had an excellent stay again at this property!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Sarah N,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with the TripAdvisor community. It is always great to hear when one of our guests had such a good time at our hotel. I am happy you were able to enjoy some of the things that make us different than most hotels such as that large room size and our indoor connection to the Ameristar Casino. The casino connection is especially helpful when it gets to be freezing outside! I am glad that you had such a great experience here and we will be here waiting for you the next time you have a stop-over in the area!

Bill Vanderpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Next to a casino. Hence the title.
Good hotel - solid holiday inn, and so not spectacular. But good for average budgets and mid tier hotel options. Not too far from the airport, and the center of Omaha.
Clean and hospitable. Recommended.

Room Tip: Away from the front
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear freq_traveler09,

We are definitely not in the typical Holiday Inn location! I am very happy that you were able to recommend us to the TripAdvisor community. Our business is built on reputation and we are always grateful when our guests can endorse us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will make sure to share with my staff that you enjoyed the hospitality they showed you. If you find yourself in the Midwest in the future we would love the opportunity to serve you again!

Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just got back from a (4) night stay in the Council Bluffs area. This was a very nice hotel, super clean, no real complaints. Had a one bedroom suite with a river view. Hotel staff was great, room was everything we needed and more. Elevators are really slow and the stairs are only located at either end of the hotel it was not convenient to use them. Daily breakfast was very good, kept it fully supplied at all times. The two girls running the show really deserve a hand for all their hard work

Room Tip: Ask for a river view as others have said
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear dsabo6,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us so much. I know my staff will appreciate your kind words when I share your review with them so they know what a wonderful job they did for you. I will make sure to give a special pat on the back to our breakfast staff for their top-notch service. Our cleanliness is something we strive to perfect and I am very happy that we hit the mark during your time here with us. I appreciate that you were able to give us perfect scores and sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Next time you find yourself in the area make sure to stop by and see us again!

Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice place, great amenities, updated and clean rooms and a very polite staff. I stay here 4 times a year for my job and when I'm done at the end of the day I go back to the hotel and work out in the excersize room, shower and eat dinner and never have to get back into my truck. There are several good restaurants attached to the hotel and if you are bored you can play the slot machines at the Ameristar Casino, a great place to stay, play and not have to worry about driving anywhere!

Room Tip: Any room here is good, they are all equiped with a mini fridge, microwave and a flat screen TV......
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Donnyginski,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. Loyalty means everything to a hotel and I am elated that you always choose us. I am happy that you are able to enjoy so many of our different ammenities on each of your visits and that we can be everything you need us to be. I will be sure to share your kind words to my entire staff so they know what a great job they have always done for you. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your wonderful experiences here with us to the entire TripAdvisor community and I look forward to continuing to serve you for many more years to come!

Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our daughter was married on Oct. 5 with an evening reception held at the Holiday Inn. From the moment we signed a contract with these folks to handle our business it had been more than a positive experience. We were treated well and given a very clear understanding of what was going to happen with our event. The bride and groom were given a complimentary room with many from the wedding party and guest list spending the evening as well. The rooms were clean and ready for us when we checked in. Everyone involved with customer service was kind and caring as well as attentive. A complimentary breakfast was included with our stay. The breakfast bar was well taken care of and efficiently run. Our thanks to Holiday Inn for making our stay so pleasant and for making our wedding reception one to remember.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Beckie G,

Thank you very much for such an amazing review of our hotel! My entire staff enjoys when we have the opportunity to hear such wonderful feedback from one of our guests. I have shared your review with my sales team so they know how great of a job they did to make sure everything went smoothly for you and your group. I will also give a copy to each of my departments to share with our employees. It is great to hear when our entire team has come together to give our guests a memorable experience. Thank you again for sharing your very kind words with the TripAdvisor community and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Mapleton, Utah
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Council Bluffs as part of a small regional conference I was attending. The hotel is connected to Harrah's casino and is not within walking distance of anything else. You can easily take a taxi or shuttle from Omaha's airport. It was about a 15 minute drive. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I used the small exercise room at the hotel. It had relatively new equipment. My complaints are that the rooms were very loud and I was woken up each night from people in the hallways or from people next door. It seems that the walls were very thin. Additionally, the vent in the bathroom appeared to be filled with mold in my room. The room was otherwise clean, but the vent was worrisome. I would say my overall experience was positive, but it was at best an average experience. The Quaker Stake restaurant nearby was good and Juvenitos on Broadway was great for lunch. It's a small Mexican restaurant with great prices and authentic food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear taw26,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time here with us and sharing your experience. We always appreciate when we get our guest's perspective on how we are doing. I am sorry for the vent in your room. It is currently being deep-cleaned and inspected to ensure that it is taken care of right away. I am also visiting with our staff to brainstorm some ideas on how to keep any ambient noise to a minimum during the night to help ensure the comfort of all of our guests. Thank you for your very kind words about the service you received from our staff. I will make sure to share your experience with them so they know that they did a great job for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. If you find yourself in the area again feel free to stop in again and I am sure we can make your next experience better than your last!

Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Here with a large group. very impressed with cleanliness of the hotel, the courteous and friendly staff, the food, etc. one of the best conferences I've been to in a long time.thank you for a great time!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Irick19,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel! I am very happy to hear that we did such a good job for you during your time here with us. I am glad that your conference went so well and I know my staff with share in my gratitude for letting us know that it was a job well done. Our cleanliness and our service are two things that we pride ourselves on a great deal and it's good to know that our efforts helped to make your stay an enjoyable one. The next time you find yourself in the area feel free to stop by and we will make your next stay even better than your last!