Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice place, great amenities, updated and clean rooms and a very polite staff. I stay here 4 times a year for my job and when I'm done at the end of the day I go back to the hotel and work out in the excersize room, shower and eat dinner and never have to get back into my truck. There are several good restaurants attached to the hotel and if you are bored you can play the slot machines at the Ameristar Casino, a great place to stay, play and not have to worry about driving anywhere!

Room Tip: Any room here is good, they are all equiped with a mini fridge, microwave and a flat screen TV......
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Donnyginski,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. Loyalty means everything to a hotel and I am elated that you always choose us. I am happy that you are able to enjoy so many of our different ammenities on each of your visits and that we can be everything you need us to be. I will be sure to share your kind words to my entire staff so they know what a great job they have always done for you. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your wonderful experiences here with us to the entire TripAdvisor community and I look forward to continuing to serve you for many more years to come!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our daughter was married on Oct. 5 with an evening reception held at the Holiday Inn. From the moment we signed a contract with these folks to handle our business it had been more than a positive experience. We were treated well and given a very clear understanding of what was going to happen with our event. The bride and groom were given a complimentary room with many from the wedding party and guest list spending the evening as well. The rooms were clean and ready for us when we checked in. Everyone involved with customer service was kind and caring as well as attentive. A complimentary breakfast was included with our stay. The breakfast bar was well taken care of and efficiently run. Our thanks to Holiday Inn for making our stay so pleasant and for making our wedding reception one to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Beckie G,

Thank you very much for such an amazing review of our hotel! My entire staff enjoys when we have the opportunity to hear such wonderful feedback from one of our guests. I have shared your review with my sales team so they know how great of a job they did to make sure everything went smoothly for you and your group. I will also give a copy to each of my departments to share with our employees. It is great to hear when our entire team has come together to give our guests a memorable experience. Thank you again for sharing your very kind words with the TripAdvisor community and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Council Bluffs as part of a small regional conference I was attending. The hotel is connected to Harrah's casino and is not within walking distance of anything else. You can easily take a taxi or shuttle from Omaha's airport. It was about a 15 minute drive. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I used the small exercise room at the hotel. It had relatively new equipment. My complaints are that the rooms were very loud and I was woken up each night from people in the hallways or from people next door. It seems that the walls were very thin. Additionally, the vent in the bathroom appeared to be filled with mold in my room. The room was otherwise clean, but the vent was worrisome. I would say my overall experience was positive, but it was at best an average experience. The Quaker Stake restaurant nearby was good and Juvenitos on Broadway was great for lunch. It's a small Mexican restaurant with great prices and authentic food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear taw26,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time here with us and sharing your experience. We always appreciate when we get our guest's perspective on how we are doing. I am sorry for the vent in your room. It is currently being deep-cleaned and inspected to ensure that it is taken care of right away. I am also visiting with our staff to brainstorm some ideas on how to keep any ambient noise to a minimum during the night to help ensure the comfort of all of our guests. Thank you for your very kind words about the service you received from our staff. I will make sure to share your experience with them so they know that they did a great job for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. If you find yourself in the area again feel free to stop in again and I am sure we can make your next experience better than your last!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Here with a large group. very impressed with cleanliness of the hotel, the courteous and friendly staff, the food, etc. one of the best conferences I've been to in a long time.thank you for a great time!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Irick19,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel! I am very happy to hear that we did such a good job for you during your time here with us. I am glad that your conference went so well and I know my staff with share in my gratitude for letting us know that it was a job well done. Our cleanliness and our service are two things that we pride ourselves on a great deal and it's good to know that our efforts helped to make your stay an enjoyable one. The next time you find yourself in the area feel free to stop by and we will make your next stay even better than your last!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We checked in 9/11-9/14 and Kelsey made our stay AMAZING!!! The staff is very courteous and our room was perfect. The breakfast every morning was very good as well. We will definitely come back to this hotel very soon on our next trip to Omaha! Thank you so much to everyone that made our stay enjoyable!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear scott b,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to make you feel like part of the family. When one of our guests leaves us feeling like they can't wait to come back it gives us the greatest feeling imaginable. I have relayed your review to Kelsey and will make sure she is properly commended for everything she did for you. I know my staff shares my gratitude to you for your wonderful feedback and we can't wait to have the opportunity to serve you again real soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times and we always have a great stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is very accomodating. Perfect location as well as very safe. We fly in and out of Omaha and we always leave our car in their lot and take the shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear LaVonne B,

It is wonderful to hear that you have visited us many times and never been disappointed. Loyalty means everything to a hotel and I am glad that we have built that trust with you. Our staff works very hard on making each of our guests feel at home and I am glad that all of that hard work has paid off. Cleanliness and service are two very key things that we focus on and it is great that we have done a good job for you. Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel and I look forward to continuing to serve you for all of your trips to come!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just stayed here Fri and Sat nights. Very nice property - a bit upscale in lobby area. Room was fine, but the fridge was not working. Notified staff; they fixed it while we were gone - no problems after that. Only complaint was the pool area - they have roll-up doors they open. In decent weather, I'm sure it is nice for a view of the river, but it was 95-100 during out stay. I wanted AC in the pool area!

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view - quite nice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear tmazionsmith,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the weekend. We really appreciate your business. We recently completed a full renovation of our lobby and I am happy that you enjoyed the results. I will make sure to pass on to our maintenance staff that they did a good job in getting your fridge fixed right away. I have passed along your comments regarding the pool to the appropriate department to review which days they will open the doors as I understand how a heated pool on a hot day can be difficult to enjoy. I am very happy that your overall stay with us was a pleasant one and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!