“Good stay while attending a business conference”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn this week. The check-in process was quick and the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean, the linens were nice and the bed was very comfortable. My room faced the river and I have to say the downtown city lights, coupled with the moon beaming off the river was beautiful at night. The hot breakfast had an excellent selection and was well stocked even towards the end of serving time. The hotel lobby decor was tasteful. Our conference room was clean and well stocked with snacks and beverages during our meetings. My only complaint is that there were many cracked floor tiles in my restroom. I will stay again, should the occasion ever arise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bubbles8990
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Bubbles8990,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that your conference here was a success! I will relay to our sales and conference department how well they did. I am also very happy to hear that your time in your guestroom left such a good impression. River-views are one of our best features and you painted a wonderful picture for everyone how amazing the view of the Omaha skyline can be during the evening. It is great when our guests let us know when we do a good job and I will make sure the front desk staff knows that they made your stay more enjoyable. We would love to have you back with us during your next business or leisure trip and we will make your next stay even better than your last!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our room was good and staff were courteous. The things that took this from a very good to average was the back of the hotel and the remote in the room. We had breakfast and thought it would be great to eat on the patio along the river. The view of the river was good but the housekeeping was pretty bad back there. They had attempts at flower beds that had obviously not been maintained in a very long time. Other little clutter items just added up to an air of "Beverly Hillbillies". You have a gem in that river side patio, make use of it. The other thing was the remote for the tv's in our rooms. Either the batteries were dying or they were bad and when we tried to put new batteries in ours to check we couldn't because they have them locked down or something. We wanted to watch the Olympics and wasted a long time trying to get to the channel. I hate messing with little stuff like that in a hotel.

Other than those things our room was large and clean. The lobby was nice and breakfast okay. It was next door to the Ameristar and we won enough there to pay for our room so I guess we made out. Attention to detail could easily make this a much better experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chriscentralIllinois
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear chriscentralIllinois,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I am very happy to hear all of the positive things you had to say about our hotel. Our river views and our proximity to the casino are definitely two of our biggest assets. I also appreciate you bringing it to my attention that there is a little to be desired in regards to the condition of our back patio. I will make sure that this big selling feature of our property doesn't continue to be overlooked. I am also very sorry about the difficulties with the remote control and I will reinforce how important this is when our staff is doing their rounds of all of our rooms. I am very happy to hear that you did so well at the casino too. Your luck is better than mine! We would love to have you back to the hotel if you are in town again and are very grateful you chose us for your travels.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Horrible experience. Room smelled like mildew, staff was rude, floor smelled like cigarette smoke, had do not disturb sign on door and staff still knocked and woke up my son. Overall bad experience and then when I got home I find that my credit card has been charged twice!!!! Such a headache!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tripsalot_80
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Tripsalot_80,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. I truly am very sorry that this stay was such a negative experience for you. I assure you that any feedback such as yours is addressed immediately with the appropriate parties in the hotel. We care very much about our guest experiences and I am very sorry that the problems you had with our services have let you down. Each of your concerns have been addressed within the hotel and these types of experiences are not typical for our hotel. If you come to town again please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will make special arrangements to make your time here a much better one. I will ensure that if you chose to give us another try that we wouldn't let you down again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel was very nice. It has a beautiful river view. It is right next door to a casino, if you are interested in that. Service was great. We didn't have any complaints. We would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: You should request a riverview room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mckapke
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear mckapke,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. We truly appreciate your business. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Cleanliness and service are two of the things we pride ourselves on the most and I appreciate that we did an outstanding job in these areas for you. We are also happy that you enjoyed the view of the Missouri River - that is one of our better features and I thank you for sharing it with everyone. We would love to have you stay with us again and we will make your next stay even better than your last one!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our trip was very enjoyable and the hotel looked great with the exception of a few cosmetic flaws where the seams of some wallpaper were coming loose. Service was good. Breakfast was good. Pool was clean and perfect for our kids to take a dip. This hotel is close to the Henry Doorly Zoo and the Old Market.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank SooperMoomie
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Dear SooperMoomie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your family getaway! We truly appreciate your business. I am very glad to hear how much you appreciated our services and location. I will pass on to our staff how they made your stay so enjoyable. I will also make sure to let our engineering department know about those pesky wallpaper seams so they can get them fixed right away. I would love to have you back next time your family wants to get away and we can make your next stay even better than your last!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Last month I called the CB Holiday Inn several times asking to speak to the Events Director. Each time I called I left my name and phone number to call me back since all I got was an answering machine. I wanted to reserve several rooms for a family function in mid-March. I'm still waiting for the return call, and the event is long past. If you are planning a group activity and need several sleeping rooms, I recommend that you look elsewhere since the Holiday Inn evidently doesn't need your business.
Jack B

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Jack B,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with the hotel. I'm sorry your calls were not returned, and we did not have the opportunity to host your event. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Get a riverview room. Our room lock looked like someone tried to crowbar into the room. The lobby and first floor had water damage and was under repair. Ironically it was a drain pipe from the roof and not the river. On a lighter note we had a good time. Nice pool and good breakfast buffet. Enclosed walkway to the Casino if your interested. The buffet was busy so we tried the cafe and it had surprising good food. Our favorite part is the free shuttle. Park your car for free and have them drive. Took the shuttle to the zoo one day and the Old Market one day.

Room Tip: Try to get a riverview room, otherwise you have a view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GRC761
Bill V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

GRC761,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel while you were in town. We truly do appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for letting everyone know about some of our best features including river-views as well as the complimentary shuttle. As you mentioned we are undergoing a bit of a renovation due to some rain water issues and truly appreciate your understanding and patience with that process while you were here with us. It has afforded us the opportunity to make many improvements that will allow us to provide more enjoyment for all of our guests in the future.

Again, I thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again if your travels bring you this way in the future!