Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I Stayed it this hotel for a business seminar. The rooms and facility is clean and comfortable. The bathroom was dirty and had to be re-cleaned and the water feels like it has a slimy film, at first I thought it was the provided soap but even using my own soap it felt slimy. Overall pleased.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Everything here was wonderful. The kids loved the pool area. The hotel is connected to a casino so you can enjoy that and there are a bunch of different restaurants right inside. It was perfect. There were kids EVERYWHERE for the college world series and it didn't bother me a bit. The walls in the room were thick and I didn't hear a peep. THe only problem I had was the air/heat unit was broken or something so it was leaking water all over and the carpet smelled musty. That was a minor issue that Im sure they took care of when I left and I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stayed at this Holiday Inn while visiting family over the weekend. I had booked through hotwire without the option of room selection, and when my mom and I arrived we found ourselves in a room with a single bed. Not that we don't love each other, but two beds is definitely preferred. One quick call to the front desk and we were quickly switched to a room with two beds, no questions asked! Beds were extremely comfortable and the room (both rooms!) were very clean. The staff at the front desk went above and beyond for us. The complimentary breakfast had a great variety, and the hotel itself was in a great location - quick access to restaurants and entertainment. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dearsarahlove
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Having stayed here for three nights overall I was quite happy.
The shuttle service available within a five mile radius was especially convenient considering I did not have a car.
The breakfast buffet service was nothing extraordinary but neverless of good quality.
Only thing that didn't work......their printer.
Although they' re out of the way the 24 hour shuttle service made all the difference.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2010

It is a really nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, great locaton. Its just 5 min drive from Omaha Zoo and couple more minutes to downtown Omaha. Purpose of our trip was the Zoo so it worked out great. I was very satisfied with the room, breakfast was really good, good selection of hot food and we could even eat outside with the view of Missouri. What I especially liked was the location: you feel like you are in the moddle of the park, with beautiful nature all around you but you are so close to downtown as its just on the other side of the river. We enjoyed our time in the pool, however we could not find any towels. It's also right next to the casino and 2 other hotels and there is really nothing else around but the park. I would definitely stay there again, it's a really nice average hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

A bit difficult to find (but just look for the AMERISTAR Casino sign), and yet close to many attractions such as the Omaha Zoo and downtown market square.
Check-in was easy and quick, however they did not pay any attention to two requests, high up as possible (level-wise) and far from the elevator (right next to). Even though we were next to the elevator, we heard not one beep or noise, so that worked out just fine. We had a nicely furnished room, with a view of the river. The TV remote had issues, but as long as you were somewhat close, it worked.
Comfy beds and pillows. Latch on door of closet did not work. Bathroom, small and a bit outdated but very clean and serviceable.
Staff was friendly, but neglected to tell us the the weekend breakfast started at 7am not 6am.
Rooms could use some info on local eating, took some time to research on tripadvisor. If you are going for the casino play, I would guess that the food there would be just fine (a little pricey though). The food was also quite good at the casino. Three is a kid quest (a kid play area available and it was fantastic)!!!
The pool was very nicely sized, and the spa was nice as well. NOTE: This pool is shared with the Ameristar hotel guests. The hotel key only opens the doors on the Holiday Inn side. The work-out room was good sized with up-to-date equipment.
A bonus of this hotel is the fact that it is linked on both sides to both the casino and the other hotel, Hampton Inn.
Breakfast had a nice variety of options, waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, apples, oranges, cereal and other small items. There was a nice eating area that faces the river.
All in all, I would estimate that this hotel did an excellent job of representing the Holiday Inn brand. I would stay again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine T
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The room was clean and the furnishings were very nice. What you can see is taken care of. However, the seat on the stool was so loose it was about to fall off. We soon learned that the sink and shower did not drain properly. These things are items that should be caught by the cleaning staff and reported to management. However, conversation with the staff to explain these things demanded good command of the Spanish language, which may explain a lot. During the night, the drain system made some ghostly sounds which resulted in little black dots of gunk showing up on the sink in the morning. The remote on the tv was almost worhtless. Upon checking out I suggested the lady at the desk they might want to consider a maintenance program. I was assured they had one.

Since the parking lot is shared with an adjacent hotel and a casino, be prepared to walk some distance to the front door of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple