“car was broken into had everything stolen,management did NOTHING!!!”

Motel 6 Omaha East - Council Bluffs
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
chicago
“car was broken into had everything stolen,management did NOTHING!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

The clerk directed me to park in back, at 3 am the police informed me my car was broken into, they broke the glass and took everything! thousands of dollars and irreplacable things GONE!Found out this is common occcurance, police very unhelpful, management did nothing and asked me to leave because i was causing a scene. I think this was an inside job, never never trust this hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank nevermotel6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
newcastle, australia
Reviewed October 24, 2009

having booked for 1 night found this motel equal to other motel 6's we have stayed at...reception was helpful, room okay...area okay, bit noisey because of location next to highway...lot of road constuction going on...perkins restaurant next door very handy within walking distance from motel....prices for motel 6 start from $38-70...dont know how they differ so much when they are around same standard

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Great Lakes, IL
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My family and I checked in at 11:30 pm on 12 July 09 and checked out at 11:50pm on 12 July 09. The first room had dog feces on the carpet, pet urine on the wall, human hair on the sheets, and the smell was unbearable. Giving the motel another chance we were moved to another room, this room was unsanitary as well. We requested a refund and checked into another hotel. This was the worse Motel 6 I have ever seen, you should expect cleanliness while traveling with pets.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cross-country40

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

Manitoba Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I'm a big fan of Motel 6 as a chain. They provide nothing more than necessary for the cheapest price possible. They are always clean, but not always the newest. some have worn out carpet or small TVs. But they provide a roof over your head. I've stay in lot's of Motel 6's and will stay in plenty more.

This Motel on the other hand was a disgrace to this chain. After we checking in, I went to use the bathroom and found a large green booger stuck to the wall of the bathroom. I went to wipe it off not planning on making a big deal about it when I discovered it was hard, crusty and had been there for a while. So i went to call the front desk and the phone didn't work! The rest of the hotel room reflected the improper maintenance and cleaning as was found in the bathroom.

The whole hotel is worn out and not clean. The pool looked ok but we decided not to go for a swim because someone pooed in it the first day we checked in. We payed an extra $10 to stay at this one because it was 15 minutes closer to where we were visiting. I've never felt more ripped off by a hotel before.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

If you end up staying in the area, the Mexican restaurant next door, Le Mesa, has the best margaritas!

Billy

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Billy_Martens
Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2008

My husband is working in Council Bluffs and was not satisfied at the hotel he was in, so I booked him a room at Motel 6. I checked in for the weekend with him, the staff was so friendly, The amount of my stay was short but my husband has NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL. The housekeeping staff was requested to delay cleaning his room until late afternoon and they had no problems with that at all, He is working nights so sleep during the day, VERY IMPORTANT TO HIM. I will stay in any Motel 6 if it is at all comparable to this one in Council Bluffs. Service, Room, Price Perfect.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — No vending machines on my floor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BMWife2008
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Our room was booked in advance during a cross country road trip. The price and the fact that motel 6 is dog friendly motivated our reservations. When we got there the service was extremely slow at check-in. Our room reeked of stale moldy air and poor circulation. Despite the "no smoking" displayed all over the building there was still a turned over ashtray with a no smoking sticker provided on the night stand. Yes 39 dollars is cheap but I was creeped out. Needless to say we left and got a refund no problems. When we were asked why we were going to leave the woman at the desk said "its the room isnt it" like she knew it was terrible.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CMN77s
S.W. Iowa
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We were tired after admitting our daughter to the hospital and wanted a motel we thought we could trust at a reasonable rate. It was 2:00 a.m. and didn't feel like price comparing. Big mistake!
Our room, over $70, was nasty. It stunk for starters. The tiny room was barely big enough for the single double bed let alone our suit case. The bathroom was tiny. The bed sheets, without going into gross detail, were disgusting. Not even an alarm clock. It was a non-smoking room, but had an ashtray in the room (oh, it was upside down and said no smoking), but why was it in there to begin with. You could tell there were smokers in there fairly recently. Dingy, old fashioned decor did nothing to make the room feel comfortable. The next night we went to another motel in Lake Manawa, Settle Inn, and found the price very comparible, and the room was wonderful, modern, and tidy. It even smelled clean. We only wish we would have stopped there the first night. Needless to say, we booked our next night there.

Stayed April 2008