“Clean, but sketchy neighborhood and stains on the blankets.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Omaha East - Council Bluffs

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Omaha East - Council Bluffs
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Kansas
“Clean, but sketchy neighborhood and stains on the blankets.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We chose this place based on location and the fact that for the price, it was the most updated motel in it's range. It was four miles from the zoo, and it was very convenient that there was a WalMart and Sams Club right across the road. We didn't feel very safe though after dark, and there were people running through the halls yelling as we were trying to sleep, and we were trying to get our 16 month old to sleep. There were also stains on the blanket, but they weren't fresh, and were almost like bleach stains. It did the job, but I may pay a little more and stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here one night. It is convenient to the Interstate with a few restaurants close by. The hotel is clean but minimal for the price. A railroad close by the hotel may keep you awake at night. While the hotel is OK, I would probably not stay here again and use another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was rather satisfied with my Motel 6 choice. The motel and room seemed clean. The front desk staff was pleasant. There was even a front desk kitty sitting on the desk at check-out, which was a plus for me! I only have a couple of small things mention: there wasn't a coffee maker in the room, no hairdryer, no refrigerator. But for $66 including taxes, I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rosiee1205
Bloomington,IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here while trucking through after my APU quit and also snowed in for a day. Friendly staff, clean rooms reasonably priced and one of the newly refreshed Motel 6 properties. Nice comfortable stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank chris_stfc
Univeristy Place
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

If your expectations start at remembering it's a Motel 6, you'll be pleased. Towels aren't the softest, bed is normal and there's no breakfast. Otherwise this hotel served it's purpose as a one night stop. Would not recommend for families with kids though. Apparently it's quieter if you get on the side away from the highway but I didn't notice a difference. Funky smell in the room, the hallway hadn't been vacuumed in months and the fake hardwood floors in the room just felt weird. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: The Cracker Barrel right beside is really good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank run4jesus078
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I needed a motel with room to park my 18-wheeler in the Council Bluffs area and take a much-needed break. I had passed by this Motel 6 before but had never stayed there.

The front desk attendant was very helpful and even called me in my room to ask how everything was- and it was perfect!

If you need a comfortable place to rest and enjoy an indoor pool as well as a place outside to relax in the sun, this place serves that purpose quite well. It's no 5-star resort but it's simple and reasonably priced.

The only real issue I had was with the highway noise outside my window in my room on the north side of the building. If you can, request a room on the south side.

The La Mesa Mexican Restaurant is a great place (right next door) to eat and enjoy a good 'adult beverage' so that's the icing on the cake!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank TXAgitator
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we passed through Iowa. As it is a budget motel, we were not expecting much, but we were expecting more than we got. It is located right off I-80, which was great. There is no lobby, which was a little confusing. The hallway smelled like some type of very strong cleaning agent. When we got to our room it was beyond cold and we actually had to turn the heater on, despite the fairly pleasant night. The room also seemed clean upon first glance, but upon further inspection, we found hair in both beds, which was quite disturbing. The bathroom was the smallest one I've encountered on my cross-country trip, and was not very clean. In fact, we found a very suspicious brown stain on the wall that we would rather not know the origins of. We also had a problem with the toilet not draining properly. There was also a very loud train that went by and woke me up several times throughout the night. This hotel was by no means horrible, but at less than $60 a night, keep your expectations low.

• Stayed August 2013