“Not great, but no horror story”

Motel 6 Omaha East - Council Bluffs
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Fishing Creek, Maryland
“Not great, but no horror story”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed here during a long road trip. Long story short: the bed got me off the floor and out of my car. Didn't have anything stolen from the car, but had kind of a weird feeling about leaving anything in it so I brought EVERYTHING inside, which I would recommend. Not really a terrible area of town or anything (as far as I know), but just... the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Something was off.

The room wasn't that clean, and I'm absolutely not a stickler. I just hate stains in the bedsheets. The staff was not terribly friendly, but not unfriendly--did their job, as I would expect in a Motel 6. Not staying there to get Park Plaza level service.

All in all, I gave it a poor instead of an average rating because I left feeling slightly less than satisfied, giving what I paid, so I wasn't comfortable saying "it's all just fine." I stayed at a Motel 6 the night before too, and paid about $20 less for three times the quality. I HAVE seen worse--saw worse on my trip, in fact. However, if you want to be really close to an exit ramp in Council Bluffs, it's bearable for a night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank ESVASpiderTerp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Ok, So I just need a place to crash for about 6 hours and evrything else was sold out due to snow storms. Stopped at this place and for the most part was happy. Small rooms, super nice staff and the rooms were clean enough. If you need a cheap stay and not into the big flashy flashy. Stop here. The bed was very very firm (hard) other than that it was OK in a pinch and only 40.00 bucks.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sgrego1313
chicago
Reviewed January 6, 2010

The clerk directed me to park in back, at 3 am the police informed me my car was broken into, they broke the glass and took everything! thousands of dollars and irreplacable things GONE!Found out this is common occcurance, police very unhelpful, management did nothing and asked me to leave because i was causing a scene. I think this was an inside job, never never trust this hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank nevermotel6

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

newcastle, australia
Reviewed October 24, 2009

having booked for 1 night found this motel equal to other motel 6's we have stayed at...reception was helpful, room okay...area okay, bit noisey because of location next to highway...lot of road constuction going on...perkins restaurant next door very handy within walking distance from motel....prices for motel 6 start from $38-70...dont know how they differ so much when they are around same standard

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Great Lakes, IL
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My family and I checked in at 11:30 pm on 12 July 09 and checked out at 11:50pm on 12 July 09. The first room had dog feces on the carpet, pet urine on the wall, human hair on the sheets, and the smell was unbearable. Giving the motel another chance we were moved to another room, this room was unsanitary as well. We requested a refund and checked into another hotel. This was the worse Motel 6 I have ever seen, you should expect cleanliness while traveling with pets.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cross-country40
Manitoba Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I'm a big fan of Motel 6 as a chain. They provide nothing more than necessary for the cheapest price possible. They are always clean, but not always the newest. some have worn out carpet or small TVs. But they provide a roof over your head. I've stay in lot's of Motel 6's and will stay in plenty more.

This Motel on the other hand was a disgrace to this chain. After we checking in, I went to use the bathroom and found a large green booger stuck to the wall of the bathroom. I went to wipe it off not planning on making a big deal about it when I discovered it was hard, crusty and had been there for a while. So i went to call the front desk and the phone didn't work! The rest of the hotel room reflected the improper maintenance and cleaning as was found in the bathroom.

The whole hotel is worn out and not clean. The pool looked ok but we decided not to go for a swim because someone pooed in it the first day we checked in. We payed an extra $10 to stay at this one because it was 15 minutes closer to where we were visiting. I've never felt more ripped off by a hotel before.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

If you end up staying in the area, the Mexican restaurant next door, Le Mesa, has the best margaritas!

Billy

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Billy_Martens
Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2008

My husband is working in Council Bluffs and was not satisfied at the hotel he was in, so I booked him a room at Motel 6. I checked in for the weekend with him, the staff was so friendly, The amount of my stay was short but my husband has NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL. The housekeeping staff was requested to delay cleaning his room until late afternoon and they had no problems with that at all, He is working nights so sleep during the day, VERY IMPORTANT TO HIM. I will stay in any Motel 6 if it is at all comparable to this one in Council Bluffs. Service, Room, Price Perfect.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — No vending machines on my floor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BMWife2008