Super 8 Council Bluffs IA Omaha NE Area
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Motel was clean and the people were nice. Only bad thing was an interior door that slammed all night when people would go in and out. Simple fix that needs attention.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Council Bluffs IA Omaha NE Area

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Interstate access excellent,clean ,close to some nice resturants.

Room Tip: Lower level seemed a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a Super 8. Its not the Waldorf Astoria or the Four Season, But it's not bad. I didn't find it particularly dirty, or in any undesirable area. Its off the interstate, About 2 exits from Omaha. So its super convenient. The Continental breakfast was one of the better ones I have had at a Super 8. The staff was pleasant enough and the room was decent. The place is not perfect, The wireless service kinda sucked ( But the hotel was sold out full) the rooms don't have many outlets, we didn't have a mini fridge, But we had a fine time staying here and I would probably repeat. It was one of the most economical places to stay in the area and we were here while they had the Olympic Swim Trials and the College World Series going on. So if you are not expecting 5 star service ( I don't know why you would expect that at a Super 8) then its a decent place to stay for cheap

Room Tip: Bring a multi plug if you use a computer, cell phone and other electric items when you travel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place smells like a damp basement, is dirty and noisy. Another reviewer called it "disgusting" and she is absolutely correct.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank G A
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Super 8 location off I-80 is easy to get to. Plenty of gas stations and food joints. However, it is in a more industrial setting. Lot of traffic due to SAPP Bros. truck stop located across the street. Super8 staff where very friendly. Had small contintental breakfast set up and ready to go at 5:30am. Only two tables to set at though and eat. Lobby and service desk area are pretty worn out. Skip the restaurant in SAPP Brothers, slow service, average food at best.

Room Tip: Probably want room on Southside, away from Truck Stop.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My Aunt booked this room a night ahead for my mom, sister, her 3 yr old, and myself so that we would have a room to check in to immediately following our 9 hour drive from Denver. We got in at 6:30am and by 6:55am we found and booked a new hotel, checked out and called corporate to complain.
The hotel was DISGUSTING beyond words. There was dry urine on the toilet seat, yellow goo splashed and dried on the entry wall, it reeked of urine, the carpet may have been vacuumed at some point this year but showed no signs of recent care, mold growing on the walls of the bathroom, the toilet didn't flush until the third try, the breakfast was a joke, broken glass in the parking lot, hair stuck to the wall by the sink, a nasty mat inside the tub that I would NEVER think to stand or sit on while bathing.
I complained to the ladies at the desk and let them know that these conditions were not suitable for an adult much less a child and that we would not be staying there. She did not seem either surprised or concerned, neither did the head of house cleaning when I took them into the room to point out the filthiness.
We booked at the AmericInn instead and were treated amazingly well. They got us into our room earlier to accommodate us for the 4pm wedding (same day) we were attending. The staff was helpful and courteous, the rooms were impeccable, the breakfast buffet was great (waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, breads, biscuits, sausage, gravy, fruit, cereal..) and at no point did I think I'd have to catch up on my immunizations or learn to shoot a gun.
NEVER AGAIN at this hotel and I suggest you do the same. There are so many more options just a few miles more down the road.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank e h
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed here a few times before because they are pet friendly, but I don't know if i will ever stay here again the place has really gone down hill. A really good cleaning would help.
The breakfast was the worst I ever seen. For the price of the room I was'nt expecting much but the area should at least be clean. The toaster should have been thrown in the trash it was so filty.
The owner of this property needs to get the employees to clean.

Room Tip: Third floor is smoking so smell of stall smoke, no elevator and lots of stairs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple