“Just awful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Just awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place smells like a damp basement, is dirty and noisy. Another reviewer called it "disgusting" and she is absolutely correct.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank G A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Super 8 location off I-80 is easy to get to. Plenty of gas stations and food joints. However, it is in a more industrial setting. Lot of traffic due to SAPP Bros. truck stop located across the street. Super8 staff where very friendly. Had small contintental breakfast set up and ready to go at 5:30am. Only two tables to set at though and eat. Lobby and service desk area are pretty worn out. Skip the restaurant in SAPP Brothers, slow service, average food at best.

Room Tip: Probably want room on Southside, away from Truck Stop.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

My Aunt booked this room a night ahead for my mom, sister, her 3 yr old, and myself so that we would have a room to check in to immediately following our 9 hour drive from Denver. We got in at 6:30am and by 6:55am we found and booked a new hotel, checked out and called corporate to complain.
The hotel was DISGUSTING beyond words. There was dry urine on the toilet seat, yellow goo splashed and dried on the entry wall, it reeked of urine, the carpet may have been vacuumed at some point this year but showed no signs of recent care, mold growing on the walls of the bathroom, the toilet didn't flush until the third try, the breakfast was a joke, broken glass in the parking lot, hair stuck to the wall by the sink, a nasty mat inside the tub that I would NEVER think to stand or sit on while bathing.
I complained to the ladies at the desk and let them know that these conditions were not suitable for an adult much less a child and that we would not be staying there. She did not seem either surprised or concerned, neither did the head of house cleaning when I took them into the room to point out the filthiness.
We booked at the AmericInn instead and were treated amazingly well. They got us into our room earlier to accommodate us for the 4pm wedding (same day) we were attending. The staff was helpful and courteous, the rooms were impeccable, the breakfast buffet was great (waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, breads, biscuits, sausage, gravy, fruit, cereal..) and at no point did I think I'd have to catch up on my immunizations or learn to shoot a gun.
NEVER AGAIN at this hotel and I suggest you do the same. There are so many more options just a few miles more down the road.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank e h
Martell
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed here a few times before because they are pet friendly, but I don't know if i will ever stay here again the place has really gone down hill. A really good cleaning would help.
The breakfast was the worst I ever seen. For the price of the room I was'nt expecting much but the area should at least be clean. The toaster should have been thrown in the trash it was so filty.
The owner of this property needs to get the employees to clean.

Room Tip: Third floor is smoking so smell of stall smoke, no elevator and lots of stairs
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank slmlrd
Bellevue, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

The Hotel reception was poor with no security. Dumping ground for car thieves. Had my truck stolen right next to the office door and no one saw anything. Didn't offer to help me. Go accross the street to the American they are fenced and cheaper rates. rooms could be better but you wont get your throat slit. Poor out side lighting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank doubleshot747
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

we stay here every time we take a trip down to kansas city

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Upper Midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

This property is a hole. It is dirty inside and out. There were broken bottles and trash in the parking lot and there were large amounts of mud and even unconsumed food on the carpet in the public areas. It looked like it had been weeks since even a basic trash walk or vacuum had been done anywhere in the public areas.

The person at the front desk on a weekday morning was not polite and did not even greet us. Just gave a strange looking smile as if we were about to pay for her bad day.

Terrible location. Right off the interstate sure, but also shares a large intersection with TWO very busy truck stops. All day and all night, trucks coming and going and the thin walls did little to muffle the noise. Also must be a rough neighborhood as they had to buzz us in at night to get into the lobby.

The best thing about this property is that I eventually left. I actually considered sleeping in my car instead of in the room.

The fitted sheet kept coming off of the bed so I would wake to find my arm touching the bare nasty mattress. It looked like there was an attic access door over my bathroom and it appeared to be unsecured. I guess I could have climbed up there and crawled around over the other rooms.

This place gave me the creeps. I would have a hard time driving by the place let alone stepping foot in it ever again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business