“Lot nicer on the outside than what's on the inside.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Omaha - Council Bluffs
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Lincoln, NE
“Lot nicer on the outside than what's on the inside.”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Checked in on a very cold night...but didn't expect the room to be as cold as it was outside. Suprised the water hadn't frozen in their pipes. Then heater wouldn't warm it up and no sound on TV...so we were moved to 3rd floor same location. Very cold when we entered, but it did finally warm up and the TV had sound.
Bathroom size is unbelieveably small with very small lavatory outside the bathroom. Very, very little room to place your cosmetic bag or shaving kit.
Room is poorly configured. You walk straight into the rack where you're to hand your clothes.
Help had their car parked under the entrance so one couldn't unload at the door, and it was snowing and darn cold. We had to park at the fatherest away parking, and pull our suitcases and laptops though 4-6" of snow. Front door entry wasn't even cleared in the evening when we arrived or in the morning at 9am when we left.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank netrvlpro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pottsboro, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We spent four nights at the hotel and found the personnel extra friendly, room clean and tended every day. The pool and sauna were clean with towels provided in the pool area.
Breakfast is self serve and plenty of variety. Personnel were extremely friendly and helpful.
Located amongst numerous eating places, Walmart, Sam's Club, Home Depot, Menards, Target's etc. (too many to mention) The interstate is right there and handy for other attractions. No hidden fees or late charges to on your account. Great stay for the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bugsey_2
Sioux Falls
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I will never stay here again. We found a tick or bedbug in our room and when we called the desk, no one came to inspect the room. Furthermore, we were told that there were no other rooms available. This place looks great in pictures, but it is ragged and worn. We couldn't wait to get out of this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryAnnSiouxFalls
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I would like to rate this hotel higher - but the quality is in need of attention.
Excellent courteous staff.
But the rooms are getting outdated, rough and worn.
Not to mention the lobby and pool area are worn as well.
I will probably stay somewhere else now - and we have stayed here for the past five years... but the hotelk doesn't seem to be updating anything.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Pana
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My family & I stayed @ your hotel for a family reunion. We were there Thursday-Sunday. M.J. was there most of the evenings that we were. He was FANTASTIC!! We spent alot of time in the lobby looking @ pictures, visiting, kids running around & talking & laughing LOUD!! He was so helpful & wonderful to us. I work @ a hotel myself & M.J. is a jewel!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
savage, mn
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights before our Harrahs one night as part of a concert package at Harrahs. (Harrahs beds were very comfortable we slept great and lack of tv channels and they charged for internet) Back on topic now.

Stayed here as we wanted a place that had a roll in shower. We got that but the water was not all that hot in this room, which is fine with me in the summer heat as I do often take colder showers but the friend likes them hot. The air worked great or almost too great. Full tv channel line up including travel channel. Almost a full breakfast was good, heat the eggs up in the microwave as they are far better that way some kind of meat product would make it a full to me. Location is good near by restaurants and other stores. Seems they charge for internet so I won't judge it other than that. I used my sprint aircard. Our toilet did plug up but the guy at the desk got a plunger for me to use right away which is fine by me as I'd rather do it myself than wait for them to come to our aid. It did not plug up after that first time.
We enjoyed the Omaha zoo while we were here which we would like to see again and I might pick this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We chose the Settle Inn after seeing it in the discount hotel booklet we picked up at the rest area on the Interstate. The check-in process was smooth and the fellow who served me was extremely professional. Upon entering the hallways, I was extremely concerned as parts of the carpets were worn and most of the doors in each room had paint chips and scrapes on them which gave me the impression the facility wasn't well kept. However, upon entering the room, we were pleasantly surprised. The carpets and bathroom were in excellent condition. The beds were comfortable and I got the best sleep out of all the places we stayed at over the 10 days being on the road. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a good night sleep for a good price. I would recommend to the hotel management to improve the look of the common areas and this place would be a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#13 of 24 in Council Bluffs
BEST WESTERN Crossroads of the Bluffs
BEST WESTERN Crossroads of the B...
#10 of 24 in Council Bluffs

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Omaha - Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!