“Nice theme rooms”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Nice theme rooms”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was looking for something different to do for Valentine's Day a couple years ago and found out that the Settle Inn has several theme rooms. They were kind of expensive so I called to ask if I could look at a room before I booked it. They told me that I could stop by anytime to take a look. They gave me keys to several different theme rooms and let me go look at them on my own. I booked the mountain lodge room. All of the themed rooms are jacuzzi suites. My girlfriend and I had a nice romantic time at this hotel. This past Valentine's Day we stayed in the western themed room. The mountain lodge room is the best in my opinion, but they have several nice options. We did check out the pool area the last time we were there and had it to ourselves, which was nice.

The hallways smell like smoke and could use some remodeling and I have not stayed in a regular room, but I have had 2 very good experiences with the themed rooms. Staff was very nice and accommodating. It is also in a good location right off of I-80 and close to many good restaurants. My favorites are Pepper Jax and Pizza Ranch.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Beulah
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We paid a good price and after one night the toilet keeps running and the sink is plugged so we can't use it. We called for help tonight and the front desk said they can't do anything about it. We won't come back......

1 Thank phoepfne

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Room was clean and comfy, but the ac unit emitted an odd, musty smell when it was on. Pool/Spa area is cleaner than most. The internet is pretty slow, but useable. I didn't have much to do with the staff, but my husband said they were very friendly. We've stayed in several hotels in this area recently, and this is definitely the best one!

Room Tip: If you're a nonsmoker, definitely make sure they give you a nonsmoking room. We stayed in a smok...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly!! We called at 9:00pm to stay that night. They turned the AC on for us so the room was nice and cool when we arrived. The rooms were clean and comfy. They also had a handicap lift for the pool. They let us park our motorcycles by the entrance as well as special parking just feet from the entrance they reserve for bikes. They had the best rate!! Believe me I called several places and none were as accommodating as the Settle Inn in Council Bluffs!!.

Room Tip: Our friends stayed on the upper level it had wood floors. She felt this made it feel cleaner!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Preston, Iowa
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room seemed to be clean at first. Then we found mold in the bathroom and were up at night itching and feeling thing jump on us.. Yuk!! Keys didn't work, had to keep getting them reprogramed. Front desk gave out keys to anyone who asked to get into anothers room. I didn't want anyone in my room without my permission. Staff was polite, but really didn't care! Security door key just didn't work at all. Had to put a piece of wood to block it open.

Room Tip: I believe there was not a good room to be had!
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is the most disgusting place I have ever walked into. The rooms were not cleaned from the previous occupants. There was dried, crusted, white stuff on the desk, night stand, and entertainment center. When we told the front desk, they couldn't have cared less. One lady did come clean, but complained that "this wasn't her job" the whole time. There was a brown substance smeared on the walls also. The pool was absurdly unclean, including a used bandage floating around. I would absolutely never stay here again, unless you enjoy crap service, dirty sheets, and a lousy shower.

Port Hueneme, California
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The short list: We had to call the office to adjust the temp. in our room (which they never did); had to call the office because the TV remote didn't work, they told us it had to be programmed, the TV was a very old small boxy TV not a flat screen, the chairs coverings were all frayed, the table finish was completely scratched up, they allow smoking in the hotel and the entire placed smelled smoky and moldy even on the first floor which has the non-smoking rooms; the computer in the lobby didn't work the office staff said they knew about it; the carpeting in the room was patched and very dirty, the office staff was frequently not available or had to be called to the desk from a back room, we were told our room would not be made up for day because we were past 9am asking for room service, the entire staff was untrained and lack any semblance of professionalism; a bill was presented on the 2nd night of stay even though we were booked for three, when someone ahead of us in line at the front desk expressed concern about the same thing, indicating they though their room might not be available because they were presented a bill, they were told, "the new girl didn't know what she was doing and printed bills for every room and passed them out; when we checked out no one said "how was you stay" or "come back again" just handed took our key and went about their business whatever that was.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Council Bluffs
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Council Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The B...
#11 of 24 in Council Bluffs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#13 of 24 in Council Bluffs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 10 in Bellevue

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Omaha - Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!