“Rooms From Mid-1980's Need Help...”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Omaha - Council Bluffs
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Orlando, FL
“Rooms From Mid-1980's Need Help...”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel looked much better from the outside. Staff is friendly and helpful.
The room I had was a suite with queen bed and sitting area wit refrigerator and microwave.

This room has 20-30 year old furniture. My bed was sunken in the middle and bed linens were old. Furniture was dusty between cushions.

A/C worked well.

Breakfast was poor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Loved that our two queen bed room had our beds in separate rooms. Room was clean and check in was easy. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast here so I can not comment on these things but I was happy with what use we had of this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As an extensive traveler, I stay in a variety of accomodations all over the world. This hotel is my 3rd worst location I have ever stayed in. I am not picky - all I ask is for a room to be clean and have a bed I can sleep in. The room was filthy, dust around all corners of the walls, sink, bathroom, etc. The smoky smell kept me awake all night. I understand that the smell lingers after something used to be smoking, but this smelled like people were currently chain-smoking in every room. The price and location are good, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the Council Bluff Settle Inn in August 2012 on my way to Sioux Falls, SD. The motel is close to I-80. Had picked-up a discount motel book so the price for the room was very good. There were resteraunts near by. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband 3 children and I stayed at the settle inn last nite. Check in went well staff was friendly. However our room was located by door 3, At the far end of the building. The room was outdated, smelled of smoke, carpets were filthy and smelled horrible, very dusty, there was no thermostat in the room had to contact front desk to have the temp changed. A lot of noise from the highway and neighboring rooms. Sheets and bed actually smelled ok and laundered. The worst part for us was when we woke in the morning and had a window smashed out of our truck and some items stolen!!! We talked to the front desk about what had happened. They told us they only have Video coverage in their front parking lot. Sorry about our luck and suggested we park our vehicle up front. ( a little late for that I would think). Her behavior showed no surprise that this happened. We would never stay in this hotel again, we would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Bobandtom
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My Son and I stayed at your Hotel for 4 nights two weeks ago, I have to say that this is one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was great, the room was clean and I love the seperation between the beds, the location was great. The continental breakfast was average(but I do not stay anywhere based on that). The only problem I had was getting inside the back doors, due to the card readers not working properly. Overall, I had an excellant stay, and when I go back to Council Bluffs next year this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with mocrowave and fridge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BEMIDJI
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Was checked in by a super friendly gal. Room was nice super comfortable bed. Room was clean. Bathroom was small though Not somewhere I hang out for long periods of time haha. The wall was too close to the toilet and the tp was located so it was less comfortable. Not sure if all rooms are like that but mine was. Wifi was good and they offer upgraded wifi for a fee. Standard worked fine for me so I didn't look into using the upgraded one at all. Pool was small but clean was on the weekend so a lot of kids there as ro be expected. Breakfast was basic cereal, waffles etc. Nice tv in my room. Had a lot of restaurants in the area close to home depot, menards, Walmart, best buy and for those with kids there was a Toys R Us there as well.

• Stayed October 2012
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#13 of 24 in Council Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The B...
#11 of 24 in Council Bluffs

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Omaha - Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!