“Comfy Beds, Great Breakfast”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I did not arrive at the hotel until 11PM & had requested a crib to be put in my room for my 5 week old son. When I got into the room, I found a Pack'N'Play--NOT a crib!

That was the only drawback of the stay-otherwise, my room was very clean, and after a 6 1/2 hour drive, the nice big bed and plump pillows felt amazing!

Breakfast was awesome! There was a GREAT selection (egg cassaroll, hot biscuts, bagels, danish, yougurt---you name it, it was there)

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Council Bluffs

Reviewed September 2, 2008

This hotel is like most new Hampton Inns: clean, quiet, fancy furnishings. Close to the casino if that's your gig. And a view of the river out the back...

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 17, 2008

When I check in to a Hampton Inn I know what to expect, and my experience at this Hampton Inn met my high expectations. The room was a suite with a dorm refrigerator, couch, desk, and comfortable bed. The staff was professional and courteous. We took advantage of the courtesy shuttle service. The free breakfast was fresh and satisfying. The hotel is next to a casino.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2008

First of all, let me say this is the first time I've ever seen the need to post a review on a hotel. I am business traveller and have been staying at Hilton hotels around the country on a weekly basis for the past 3 years. I'm normally very pleased with Hamptons but this hotel was a complete disaster. Hilton should rethink having their name attached to this hotel. Their staff is very incompetent and the entire hotel reaks of cigarette smoke. I am hilton honors diamond member and had a reservation that was made weeks before my stay. When I showed up they gave me a key to the wrong room. I ended up walking in on another guest's room and was completely embarrassed. When I went back to the desk, I waited for over 30 mins while they tried to find another room for me. Meanwhile, they checked in about 5 other guests. At the end of this, they realized they had nowhere to put me. While they offered to put me at their casino hotel, I decided to leave and find my own place to stay. I went to another Hampton in Omaha and was treated very well and was a much nicer hotel. The manager could care less about what happened and never had the curtousy to return my calls as well. I was offered a free night by one of the receptionists but when I returned a few weeks later they messed up my reservation again!! I highly recommend staying away from this hotel. Your reservation may not be honored.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Traveler1Nebraska, Guest Services Representative at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

newsguy25,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that this is not a "normal" experience that our guests receive.

In regards to the cigarette smoke, we have done extensive renovations to our property, so you don't smell the smoke at all.

Our staff is very professional and accommodating, and I am sorry that they were perceived to be incompetent.

I am so sorry that you walked into someone's room. That was the only time we have ever had an incident like that happen. I can assure you that something like that would never happen again.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve you. We will make sure that your next experience is way better than this one was.

T.J. Foster
Guest Services Representative

Reviewed October 8, 2007

This hotel put all of my hotel experience up to that point to shame. The staff was beyond amazing and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. I was actually able to sleep as good as if I were at home. Breakfast was a great variety with some of the offerings changing from day to day which for a several day stay was most welcome!! I just can not say enough about how helpful and friendly the staff are!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank EAdaleandholly
Reviewed August 5, 2007

This hotel itself is nice, but way over priced for the quality. Arrived to find used toilet paper lying on bathroom floor and carpets which had obviously not been vacuumed. Told the gal at the front desk about the problem and requested that our room be cleaned. Returned later to find our room looking the same as when we left except that the bedding had been changed. Floors in lobby and elevators were dirty. Popcorn machine in lobby had popcorn on the floor in front of it and looked the same the next day. Half of the machines in the exercise room did not work and when this was brought to the attention of the guy behind the front desk his response was "Really?" This motel offers a free breakfast, but we felt it was in our best interest to eat somewhere else. We will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ZimIowa

gogto,

Thank you for writing this review. We are in the final stages of renovating our hotel, so that will eliminate the air conditioning problem. We also have mounted routers in the celings all over the hotel, so even when you are staying on the end of the hotel, you will have a strong wi-fi connection. With the renovations, the problem with the rust and peeling paint in your room is eliminated. The renovations also include new carpet! Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast. We also have added new items to our breakfast, such as Omlette's and a waffle maker. We would be delighted to see you again at our property. I hope you can check out our renovated hotel!

T.J. Foster
Guest Services Representative

Reviewed May 29, 2007

Hampton Inn is an excellent hotel. I stayed five nights in May (Thursday through Monday) at an average rate of $80. The king size bed was beautiful, all white and super comfortable. A very nice, large, clean room. I requested the 5th floor and this was respected. This hotel is very safe with a corridor through the Holiday Inn to the Ameristar Casino, Heritage Buffet, Sports Bar, Candy and gift shop. Loved the Hampton and will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank TorranceCA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 24 in Council Bluffs
SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA
Comfort Inn at the Zoo
Comfort Inn at the Zoo
#49 of 82 in Omaha

Been to Hampton Inn Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!