All reviews sports bar ameristar casino whirlpool tub kansas city check in was easy table games we've stayed slot machines missouri river buffet gambling riverboat shuttle payouts dealers luck horseshoe
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

We have been to the Harrah's Casino and Horsehoe in Council Bluffs so we decided to try the nearby Ameristar casino. My advice,save yourself a trip if you like traditional reel machines. There are 3 levels made up mostly of penny video slots.I found a small section of very tight dollar slots and a small room of quarter slots.Save some time and head over to the Horsehoe.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
PennNationalGaming, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy our slot selection or have much luck, and we hope that you'll give us another try for a more enjoyable, luckier visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2019

Check-in was easy. Got a good online price. Lobby was pretty, pleasant staff. Parking was fine, saw security driving around. Had a hard time finding the elevators to our room. Room was nice. Nothing to complain about. Easy access to the casino. The buffet was amazing, nice selection, one of the better buffets I have had, and I have been to Vegas. Casino was okay. Had a hard time navigating from hotel to casino, I felt lost. Okay selection of games. 3 floors. Won a couple hundred. Check out easy. Would stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PennNationalGaming, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review1 We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your hotel stay, from check-in to check-out. We appreciate the chance to hear your thoughts about our casino floor. Congrats on your wins!

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Ameristar hates veterans with disabilities. Back in September 2018 I was playing blackjack there I didn't say a word to anyone. I was approached by two individuals in suits who said they are going to exercise there right to refuse my business. Its because I have a disability. It couldn't be for any other reason I never said a word to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PennNationalGaming, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

We're very disappointed to hear about your perception of Ameristar, Terry. We strive to provide a safe, welcoming experience for all of our guests and welcome individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.

Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

2 craps tables. Black jack and other table games. 3 floors of gaming slots. On a Saturday or Friday can be very fun. Buffet is great for crab on Friday get there early or it’s a long wait. Bella’s cafe has some good comfort food and their desserts are mouth watering. Riva is reservation but do have walk ups. Bring extra cash for riva. Amerisports bar has good food plenty of tvs for sports and on weekends usually a local band to dance to. My only complaint is sometimes it gets a little smoky. But I have been lucky there many times. Get a players card benefits for food are generous.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
PennNationalGaming, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us, Antonio! We love hearing how much you enjoy visiting us for some gaming fun, live music, and tasty meals. We hope you have the chance to come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2018

I stayed here while my partner had business meetings in the area. Neither of us gamble so we did not visit the casino. The room was clean and comfortable. They allow smoking in the casino and it's all one building so there is always a smoke smell, even in the rooms. It wasn't hugely bothersome to me but at times I was glad to get out of there and for some it might be truly a problem. The treadmills in the fitness center had really good TVs -- sounds silly but if you are a runner and it's cold out that's super helpful! It's kind of odd how you can't sit at the bar at the RIva Restaurant unless you are some kind of member? Even if you're staying at the hotel. The sports bar is a true sports bar, huge screens everywhere. Except for the pricey steakhouse the food was meh. People super friendly.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
PennNationalGaming, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. We appreciate the chance to hear your concerns about the smoking in our hotel and casino. It sounds like the bar area you're referring to is Club 38, a restaurant for our Preferred, Elite, and Owners Club mychoice members; all guests, regardless of their players status, are always welcome at RIVA! We hope to welcome you back the next time you're in the area.