“An Excellent Place To Stay”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“An Excellent Place To Stay”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stay here quite frequently just to "get away" from the every day grind. The staff are pleasant people to be around. The rooms are clean and have anything you would need away from home. They provide robes for going down to the pool/sauna/hot tub. They have great choices for places to eat while there. Highly recommend Ameristar!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lincoln
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We spent an evening get-away on December the 12th at this hotel casino. We enjoyed the casino, the Ameristar Sports Bar, and the room we had overnight. I found the dealers at the blackjack tables very friendly and fun tp play with. Had a great pit boss who bought many rounds of drinks for those of us who stayed at the blackjack table for 2+ hours. The waitress in the sports bar was very friendly and effecient. The reservation staff were very nice. We thoroughly enjoyed our room, king non-smoking, and the quietness during the evening stay was great. We would definitely recommend this hotel casino to everyone, and we plan on coming again.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelton, Nebraska
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Excellent service, friendly staff, great accommodations.....Rooms are always clean....Have always enjoyed staying in Council Bluffs Ameristar Hotel....have not had a bad experience in either one or two night stays.....food and service is excellent at Bella's and the buffet.....can not say the same for the steak house....but that is my opinion only. Overall, one of the best places to stay in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Labadie, Missouri
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was sooo happy with our two rooms, very classy, first time to stay at Ameristar, Council Bluffs, IA. My family was blown away by both rooms, clean, amenities, granite, wow! I was expecting a hotel room, instead it was a small piece of luxury.

Room Tip: We reserved 2 rooms, they were both great, classy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
North Dakota
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Whenever we travel through the area, we always like to stay here at the Ameristar Casino Hotel. We know we will get very nice warm reception when we check-in, the room is nice and clean and just what we need. The valet service is great asset to the hotel. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed November 23, 2013

When I first arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by the friendly staff, checking in only took about 5 minutes or less. The room was fresh and clean. I felt like being at home. I sat on the bed with was super soft, and just listened to the quiet sound of peace. I then decided to treat myself to the buffet, which was great, there were so many things to choose from. I later walked down to the casino to enjoy myself a bit more. Over all it was a evening of total relaxing, which I needed after driving an hour to get there. My hat's off to the Ameristar Staff for making the night one to remember.

Room Tip: Check the website
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, slept like a baby.Service was great , food was excellent, room was clean. I couldnt have asked for a bettter nite or room. I give my room and stay at ameristar casino a review of ***** 5 stars.

• Stayed October 2013