Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
$86
Hotwire.com
$87
Agoda.com
Harrah's Council Bluffs(Council Bluffs)
$95
  • Restaurant
All reviewssports barwhirlpool suiteameristar casinolots of funexcellent place to stayacross the riverslot machineskansas citymissouri rivernice roomholiday innsmoking roomgamblingriverboatshuttledealersia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Fun casino! Fiancee and I always havea good time! They have a child watching service and a few restaurants that we haven't tried yet. This is where we will be staying for our honeymoon as well! It's probably one of the better casinos I've been to. Machines are well taken care of.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thanks for sharing your review, Ashley! I'm glad you have a fun time when you visit and we appreciate you choosing to celebrate your honeymoon with us. We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you have a great wedding! Congrats!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Made hotel reservations for one night while visiting the Nebraska-Iowa area. Enjoyed a nice, comfortable room. The buffet was like all the others and was priced at $18 per person. Our two boys had an absolute blast at Kids Quest for a few hours. Had good luck at the blackjack table but none at craps, Pai Gow and slots. The casino was decent but smokey.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Five_Aces_Tx
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for visiting us! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and your kids had a good time at Kids Quest. We continuously monitor our air ventilation system and do appreciate your feedback. We hope your family can visit again!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spend 6 to 8 nights a month on the road and when I come to Council Bluffs, I always try to stay at the Ameristar. The rooms are clean with new LED TVs with great selection of channels. Nice big bathrooms with granite countertops. For gamblers, those expecting Vegas, it's not Vegas but it is a nice gaming area with extremely friendly dealers.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the highway. Odd number rooms face the river and downtown Omaha.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I'm glad you enjoy staying with us, Steve! Thanks so much for sharing your review and for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon and have safe travels!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I received a complimentary pass to stay one night in the Ameristar Casino Hotel, I paid extra for an upgrade so I could have the Jacuzzi in the room, it was heaven! It was one of the cleanest hotels that I have EVER been in, the room service was excellent, they went beyond to make my meal tasty, by adding extra ingredients that i asked for that did not originally come in the meal. I had the most peaceful rest ever, and I loved the free wifi to do my homework, which I've stayed in the Hilton a few times and you have to pay $10 a night for wifi. There were plenty towels and the whole room smelled so fresh, and not stale; like most hotels rooms, I hope to stay there again real soon.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great, but if you book online, you are guaranteed to get the room you want and ready when you need it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

It's so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, Tray. I'm glad you enjoyed your room service and had a peaceful night of sleep. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Okay, as with all casinos, some days are good and others...well not so good. But it gets you out of the house. The employees are extremely nice and helpful. Their rooms are outstanding!!! Very comfortable and clean. The buffet is good for lunch but better over the supper hour, more of a variety of food. If you would rather eat light, although check the hours of operation, Bella's is nice and we have always had good food there...no complaints and service is excellent as well. Yes, we truly do recommend Ameristar!

Room Tip: We always stay on the 5th floor..smoking. The location of the rooms from the elevator can be quite a hike so you may want to request a room closer to the elevator. We really have no preference. Always quiet!!! Always comfortable!!! *****
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brayton_IAIowaFan

Thank you so much for your recommendation! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and dining experiences. We hope you can visit again soon!