“Happiest Place on Earth? Right here baby!”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place is the best. The hotel is clean and seems brand new. The beds are so comfy you'll never want to get up! The staff from front desk to housekeeping is friendly and makes you feel they are there just for you! Special request? No problem for these friendly folks. I love the bakery/coffee shop (Bella's) in the lobby, what a selection! The casino can't be beat around here--fresh selection of slots, and "winning"!! Ameristar is the only place I stay when I am in the Omaha area and in fact, I make a point to get there about once a month just because I love going there.

Room Tip: I always request a river view w/ a room as high up as possible. Usually not a problem but I find it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jena t
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoy visiting us each month. I'm also happy you love eating at Bella's and playing in our casino. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had a great room. The view of the river was amazing. I could just relax and enjoy the view. I had a good nights sleep. The bed was very comfortable. I was staying by myself and felt very safe in and out of my room. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Ameristar to all!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Patty, I'm so glad to hear you had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. We appreciate the post and would love to see you again!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent stay! Beds are always comfy--not to hard, not too soft-just right! Staff is right on top of things if you need anything extra, like a pack n play! Room is spotless and smells fresh. Valet service is always top-notch! We left behind a pair of socks and housekeeping turned these items into to security who contacted me by phone regarding my misplaced items. What other motel will contact you if you leave something behind! Awesome place to stay and I would highly recommend to all!

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the west end on the north side. You get a great view of the river and all the tra...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thanks for posting! I'm glad you had an excellent stay and got to experience the quality service we strive to give every guest. Thanks for the recommendation and please come back to see us.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great stay. Sorry it was only for one night.

This hotel is always spot on clean. The hallways and rooms seem recently renovated every tiem we stay. Had a corner suite with a great view of the river and downtown.

I can say nothing negative. Stifling hot, but the valet's were always friendly, even at 2:30 in the morning.

The coffee shop, I believe the name is Bella's has never disapponted in the 10+ times we have ate there. I recommend their Breakfast Banana Split. The fruit in it was unbelievable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for posting your review and staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast at Bella's. We appreciate loyal guests like you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This review is for a road trip in which I stayed at both Ameristar Kansas City and Ameristar Council Bluffs so I can't help but compare them. This facility is much smaller in scale compared to the Kansas City location. The strengths of the Council Bluffs hotel are the beautiful atrium, the river view of the Omaha skyline and the quite literal riverboat casino.

The atrium is covered in glass allowing lots of sunlight and giving it a very open, airy feel. It was relaxing to sit out under the warm sun eating ice cream. They also have a large screen playing music all day long in this area. Honestly I could have done without the screen. It kind of killed the relaxing country feel the rest of the atrium portrayed when old TLC songs were blaring loudly.

The other thing that made the stay nice was our view. From the river view room we could see that the casino was quite literally a riverboat docked behind the hotel. Looking out beyond this across the river you could see the downtown Omaha skyline and this made for a nice view at night.

One of the areas this facility lost out to the Kansas City Ameristar was the casino interior. Again it was smaller in scale. You could tell it was a struggle to fit a full casino into the boat. It was split into 3 levels all of which were jam packed with various means to lose your money. The casino felt very claustrophobic.

Another interesting quirk of this location is that it is physically connected to the two neighboring hotels. The pool, sauna and workout facilities are shared with the Holiday Inn next door.

Otherwise the customer service was great. The rooms were clean and stocked with the usual hotel amenities one would expect. It's a short drive to the Omaha zoo which is worth seeing. I definitely enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scottw8063
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thanks for visiting both Kansas City and Council Bluffs properties and for posting your reviews. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel and experienced fantastic service from the moment I entered the facility! Staff were respectful and more than available to assist with any request. The room was very clean with amenities such as small refrig, etc. The shuttle is a fantastic srvice!
Absolutely Zero complaints or concerns and plan to return soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank simonsays85
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Wow, thanks so much for the review. So glad you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to meet your expectations. Guest services is very important to us!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Our child had a wedding reception at the Ameristar and the service took my breath away. The fine folks from catering were on hand at every turn to assure that we were treated royally. Price was reasonable, food - - we chose the Italian Buffet - - was fantastic, but it was the catering folks who made the day. Would highly recommend using the facility for special occasions. Ask for Ben Nelson, he truly understands service and kindness.

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely maintained and elevators quick. Don't expect an amazing view, that's n...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thanks so much for posting your review. We're honored that we could host your child's big day and help make it a memorable one for the family! Congrats to the newlyweds!