New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Never Ever Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Omaha, Nebraska (Council Bluffs, IA)

Value Place Omaha, Nebraska (Council Bluffs, IA)
Value Place Omaha, Nebraska (Council Bluffs, IA)
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Manly, Queensland, Australia
“Never Ever Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I will never use this hotel again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone I know. I booked a room in April 2013 on the internet for a two week stay in June 2013. When I arrived there from overseas, they could not find my reservation, then when they did find it, it had been cancelled for some mysterious reason. The manager said something about overbooking??? They then found a room, but it was a smoking room and it absolutely reeked. It was disgusting. I had wanted a non smoking room as my daughter has asthma, so I refused this room as I just could not stay in it under those conditions. The manager was smug, and not at all concerned that my original reservation had been cancelled by one of the staff. I strongly suspect the room was given to someone else, as the reeking room they rustled up for me was for someone who had booked the next day. This kind of attitude is just not good enough, and I don't care how cheap they are, I will NEVER make a booking with them again. This was the Value Place in Council Bluffs Iowa by the way. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I came here for an extend stay on business and, found the Value Place. It was clean, and had everything i needed. The full size frig., microwave, stove, and a laundry facility. Staff was always friendly and nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Council Bluffs, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Very affordable, safe and clean. Very close to casino's and to Omaha. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms are very clean and everything works great. I would recommend this property to anyone. I consider this place a Home away from Home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzy C, General Manager at Value Place Omaha, Nebraska (Council Bluffs, IA), responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Opus Y,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We are so happy to be your home away from home and truly appreciate your loyalty. We hope you return "home" soon!

Kindest regards,

Suzy Charboneau
Property Manager
712-388-8000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I always worry about extended stay hotels that can keep their prices this low; but this one got it right. My room was perfectly clean, everything looked brand new. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Beds were comfortable and rooms were very spacious. It was wonderful to have the full size refrigerator and to have a stove. I was able to stay in and cook or bring leftovers back. Helps save money, every bit counts. Will be back when visiting family!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzy C, General Manager at Value Place Omaha, Nebraska (Council Bluffs, IA), responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear TravellingSQ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I very much appreciated your comments and will make sure to inform our staff about your nice words! At Value Place we strive to keep all our hotels affordable, clean, safe, simple, and flexible.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back at the Value Place - Council Bluffs very soon!

Kindest regards,

Suzy Charboneau
Property Manager
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Unfortunately, I have had the pleasure of doing business with this place through my work. We set up an employee here one time and it was a nightmare. They forgot we made reservations, made wrong charges to the wrong credit card, gave dreadful customer service, and were all around difficult to work with. I don't know how this place operates. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo