“Outstanding!”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The room was very clean, comfortable and with a useful amount of furniture and drawers, etc.
The bathroom was very clean as well, good water pressure and looked new and well maintained.

Overall the hotel was great, the location was convenient for us, and their lobby is very nice.

The elevators are a little slow but not enough to be a problem.

Will stay here again if our travels bring us back.

You can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed July 2014
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear nessa_v10,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. I am glad to know you found your room clean and comfortable.

So glad to hear you will be back next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed August 3, 2014

What a treat! I normally prefer 4 star hotels but was just staying 2 nites to go to the zoo In Omaha and this was nearby. We loved it! Staff was very nice, had a wonderful breakfast buffet for only $10 per person, pool & hot tub stayed open until 11pm, and had a nice little fitness center. We checked in on a Wednesday which is when they have guest appreciation night offering free fresh fruit and 2 hot appetizers, 2 free drinks each, and even free chair massages. It was fantastic! In addition to having a fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker in room, they still provide a beautiful drink station in the lobby with free coffee, teas, hot chocolate, ice water and we also were treated to warm oatmeal cookie bars in the afternoon. The hotel is connected by walkway to a Harrah's Horseshoe Casino which has 3 great restaurants and there is a Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World across the hotel parking lot. When it was time to go to the zoo, they had a free shuttle to take us and pick us up so we didn't have to deal with parking at the zoo. Clean comfortable spacious room with adjustable firmness beds. Check-in and out were easy and quick. It was a great stay, could not have asked for more. We will definitely go back and recommend this hotel to others!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Laura H,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for the excellent rating and wonderful comments.I am glad to know you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle and wonderful breakfast buffet. Those oatmeal bars are very delicious and I was happy to know you and your family enjoyed them.

Once more thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were woke up a little after midnight by the fire alarm going off for 5-7 minutes. By the time I realized what it was and got my kids up, it went off. We exited anyway down the stairs and outside to the front lobby. No one else was outside except for a couple other people. We went inside and the woman behind the desk said "sorry, false alarm. Guess you needed to wake up at midnight". I wasn't humored by this as I was awaken out of a dead sleep with 2 kids to worry about. I know things happen but I would expect a better response and process from a Hilton brand hotel. Very disappointed and exhausted.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear JMD1128,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the false alarm during your visit with us. Please know that I will visit with our staff members about your experience.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Drive by, don't stay. The beds didn't have mattress pads and the dial on the beds didn't work. There wasn't a free breakfast either. The workers at the front desk were complaining and arguing with each other when we checked in. All I can say is drive by and find another place to stay. We were told that we wouldn't be charged for our rooms because of their 100% satisfaction policy, but when I checked my credit card bill we were definitely charged.I have called them them three times and have had no results regarding this issue. I had to call my credit card company and file a dispute claim. Drive by, don't stay!

Dear JoAnn K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize for the issues you experienced. Please know that I will review your experience with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues are addressed immediately.

In regards to the free breakfast, we are actually an upscale hotel that offers a restaurant that serves a full cooked to order breakfast. We are much different from our limited service counterparts such as Hampton Inn or Homewood. Our breakfast includes a full cooked-to-order hot buffet, featuring omelettes, eggs any style, french toast, pancakes, waflles, just to name a few items. Our buffet also features oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, juices, cereals and freshly cut fruit.

I would be more than happy to take a phone call from you. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience. I can be reach at 712.309.9000.

Brighton
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the service I received at this hotel. They went above and beyond to satisfy my requests. Despite having an onsite Casino at this location, it was not the least bit of a problem. It was very quiet and overall, a good stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear KShaklee,

Thank you so much for the excellent rating and wonderful comments. I was so happy to learn we were able to satisfy your requests.

Omaha, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was wonderful! The shuttle service is AMAZING (will take you and pick you up anywhere within 5 mile radius) and the staff was wonderful! Definitely recommend this hotel and the whirlpool suite for couples ;) We had a ton of fun in the hotel at the bar and casino as well as in council bluffs without having to pay a cab

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Katie C,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you for posting your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff and shuttle service. We were so happy to learn that you had a ton of fun.

Thank you again and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've stayed in several Hiltons and this one was the worst. Maybe my expectations are just too high from the service and comfort I've experienced from the others. Upon arrival there was nowhere to park. Cars were stacked up in the parking lot making it hard to get around and no spots were available. It was a small lot and I ended up parking across the street. Maybe there was some kind of event (the hotel is connected to a casino which I didn't realize) and others were taking the spots??

When we arrived, the lady at the front desk was not impressive. Started the conversation with "looks like we're overbooked." After booking the hotel nearly 3 months in advance and driving 15 hours that day I didn't want to hear that. After 5 minutes of looking at here computer screen she said she had a room for us but that the next person may not be so lucky. ????

We got to our room, which had the usual Hilton comfortable beds and pillows. Unfortunately, the air conditioning wasn't working so it was way too hot in the room. At midnight, I called to the front desk (got the same check-in lady) to get some help. She said she'd do her best to get us a box fan since "many of the rooms were hot that night." Not sure why that would be. Anyway, 10 minutes later, we were happy to get a box fan and eventually we all were able to sleep.

That's about it. Pretty disappointed and would avoid that hotel in the future.

Dear MattG,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that for the issues you experienced during you stay. Please know that I will review your experience with both our front desk and maintenance staff.

If you would like, I would like to talk to you about your experience on the phone or through email. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to speak with you.

Again thank you so much for your time and I hope I have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay.

Phone: 712.309.9000 or email: shana.craven@hilton.com