“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Chadron, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you're heading to Council Bluffs this is the hotel to stay in. Extremely warm and helpful staff, comfortable (adjustable) beds and an great breakfast including made to order omelets. Great location for the casino as well as the convention center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Jeff C,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to hear you found our hotel excellent and you also found our staff warm and helpful. Also, thank you for your reccommendation to other travelers!! Please know that I will share your comments with our staff.

Again thank you so much and I hope you will continue to stay with us on future trips to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Check in with a reservation was immediate! I observed staff handling a problem at the desk and it was taken care of in a professional manner. I asked for 3 extra pillows when I made the reservation and the pillows were in the room when we entered the room. Excellent attention to detail! The 3 wheel luggage carts are kind of odd to deal with. The room was clean and up to date. The tv channels had a few too many frustrating 'not available' spots in them. The shower had a good volume of water,good temp and the bath towels are average. The 2nd floor room was quiet. The parking has been an issue, we often have to park in lots away from the building because everything else is full. The room temperature was not consistant but I didn't contact the staff about it. They have some funky adjustable air mattress thing that requires you to take the fitted sheet up and dial the amount of air pressure in the mattress. That's fine but getting the fitted sheet back on the mattress was more work then changing the mattress pressure was worth. Contact with the front counter hotel staff was prompt, friendly and efficient, the two queen bed room was fine for 2 or 3 people, but would be cramped with more than 3 in my opinion. It's too bad there can't be a continental breakfast of some sort. Like the title states, this is a property run under the Hilton flag with Hilton expectations and that's the consistant product you get.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, even numbered rooms, away from the elevator seemed pretty good
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Taz1040,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and TripAdvisor.

I was happy to hear you found our hotel to live up to Hilton's standards and that the staff members were professional and helpful. Please know that I will share your comments with all of our staff members.

Once more thank you for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Pretty large hotel and casino compound. We only walked through the casino and didn't spend anytime there. The hotel was wonderful, fresh cookies when we arrived. Friendly, personable staff. The snack and travel item in the little store next to the front desk was super inexpensive. Didn't seem like the prices were jacked at all which I found very refreshing.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Kristiemaewolfe,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your expereince with us on TripAdvisor.

I was glad to hear you enjoyed the cookies and our personable, friendly staff.

Again thank you so much and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I want to thank this Hilton Garden Inn for taking customer service to the next level! Aly at the front desk was very friendly. Everyone else was great as well but she was the one who gave me an upgraded room and welcomed me back as a repeat guest. The facility was clean and updated. There was no issue with being connected to the casino. It was an all around perfect stay!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Ajsevic,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad to hear you had an excellent stay at our property and that you found our facility to be clean and updated. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff and I will also reward Ali with a $25 reward for having her name mentioned in a social media post.

Again thank you so much for your time. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Grain Valley, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stay at this HGI every time I come to the area for business (which is quite frequent). The main reason I keep coming back to this location is because the staff is beyond fantastic. They are friendly, helpful, and have gone above and beyond to make my stays great. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Justin E,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your continued business.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about your experience at our hotel. We are so happy that you have had excellent stays.

Please know that I will share your comments with all of our team members and tell them to keep up the excellent work.

Again thank you!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed for an evening in a suite, the king size bed was super comfortable. Room and hotel very clean, view from our window was a roof with some sort of ventilation unit which did make some noise. Overall nice stay, parking was not a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Gina S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. I am so glad to know your stay was clean and comfortable.

Thank you again and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.
Des Moines, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great Hotel for the price. Rooms were clean and comfy. Attached to the Horseshoe casino. Loved having the Shuttle to drive us anywhere we wanted to go within 5 miles radius. Not alot of the other hotels have this perk. Driver's were nice and courteous with our group.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Lauri E,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to post your expereince on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary shuttle. Sounds like everyone had a good girl's weekend.

Once again, thank you and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.