“Thank you for your Hospitality!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've been traveling to this part of the country for two years now (over 200 nights) and have stayed at this hotel all but twice (NCAA world series kept me out!). This hotel has a lot of great things going for it including great on site dining, being attached to a casino, plenty of dining options outside of the hotel, and best of all a wonderful staff. There is not much I can say about the reception and management staff at this hotel other than they are on top of their game! They are friendly, knowledgeable, extremely courteous and they will not hesitate go out of their way to help you. In all of my travels this staff has been perhaps the friendliest and most attentive I've come across. Thank you all for making my long stays away from home as comfortable as possible!
The rooms are kept clean and in great condition, but in the event that you have an issue they are quick to send someone up to take a look and correct the problem.
The gym was roomy clean and well equipped to take care of all of my needs.
The restaurant has a staff that is just great! You can tell that the chef and cooks in the kitchen take their time and are proud of the meals they serve. I never had a bad meal nor was I disappointed with any dish I ordered. The staff is very attentive and will make sure you start your day off right and/or end on a good note!
I will definitely continue to recommend this hotel to all of my coworkers!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hi William L,

Thank you so much for posting your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate your time and your business. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. I will be sure that I share your comments with our staff members. You will truly be missed. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area and if you should ever need anything at all please let me know. Thanks you again. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

front desk is awesome and the rooms are ok not great but fine to stay a couple of day but you know their is no place like home BUT THE MAIDS WATCH OUT LEAVE YOUR STUFF IN THE CAR IT SAFER EVEN IF PEOPLE CAN SEE IT just stayed 3 days there and on Sunday nite we got locked out of our room that some times happens if the right date isn't keyed in I can handle that and they came right away with new cards . But when I got in the room we found out the vouchers for the casino were gone and all my bathroom personal item were gone. Called the front desk again and was told the maid had maybe taken them and put in housekeeping if they thought we had checked out. we could get them in the morning well ok that would work. Well the next moring I didn't get a call like they said so I went to the front desk to get my belonging. was told I had to wait and they would call me in a little while. Went back up to the room.They called and what I feel is a insult told me that the maid put everything in the garbage ya right some of the stuff was BRAND NEW not even out of the packages and threw away the casino ticket ha ha throw away money? then 1 days later found some of my items put not the tickets montana silversmith necklace ect. and I asked if she still worked there answer is yes FUNNY how some of it came back but not the expence stuff. said they would turn in to their insurance WOW I WON"T STAY THERE AGAIN and if they thought we had checked out why was our suitcase still in room and not taken to housekeeping ?????????????????????????????

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Vickie7,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I want to again apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the welfare of our hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have stayed here befor, but have never rated it.
When we entered the lobby, the young lady called us by our last name. We didn't remember her, but we were impressed.
The rooms are nice size, and really clean. The beds are great as you can adjust the firmness. There is a large flat screen T.V.
It has a nice pool and hot tub, also nice gym.
We will stay here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Mr. AnkenyDavey,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business and would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. Again thank you so much for your time and I am so glad to hear you will be back to stay with us again. If you should need anything during your next visit please don't hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The location is excellent but we got a very bad room avoid room 201. Squeaky bed, leaky shower and the absolutely smallest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel. Front desk people were very friendly. Breakfast was no improvement. From te cold coffee to the lukewarm hash browns and bacon. They do hae made to order eggs so avoid the Buffett scrambled eggs. Overall, wasn't attached to the Horseshoe Casino we would probably not recommend it all. Not a good experience for us at a Hilton property.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Jim D,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the squeaky bed and leaky shower in your room. I've worked with maintenance to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently addressing the issues you mentioned regarding your mediocre breakfast, with our culinary team and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review and I am sorry for the bad experiences you encountered. We hope you will give us another chance if you are ever back in the area.

Shana Craven

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The service was excellent. All the staff was so accommodating. The meals were so good that we only ate at the hotel. It is very easy to get to and excessable to many fun, shopping locations. We especially enjoyed the complimentory customer appreciation on Wednesday and the complimentary massage was extra special after a long day. We want to thank everyone for the good time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Sharon J,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff and our delicious food. I was so glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our guest appreciation party and relax with our chair maseusse. Again thank you so much for taking the time to give your positive feedback. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've been coming here for over a year and my co-workers even longer. I enjoy the staff and the location. They go out of their way to help you. I know parking is an issue but, you can take the shuttle to the stores, movie theater or somewhere else to eat. I'll be back again in a few weeks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear BlueHawaii2003HD,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We sincerely appreciate your business. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to post your expereince with us on TripAdvisor. I was so glad to hear that you are a frequent guest who has enjoyed staying with us. I also want to thank you for the wonderful comments about the property and our staff. If you should ever need anything during any of your visits please let me or one of my staff members know. We are always willing to help. Have a great day and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Clean and nice hotel. Not very many complaints. Rooms are well taken care of and staff was awesome. Parking can get a bit crazy but good over all. Room has a microwave and hotel has a indoor pool. If you like gambling, its rightnext to a casion, literraly next door.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear wj2003,

Thank you so much for choosing to stat with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We sincerely appreciate your business. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your expereince with us on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and property. The parking situation is something we continue to work with the casino to improve. Again thank you so much for your time and your feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.