“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Generally we always like Hilton Garden Inns but this hotel is really special - management has done a fabulous job of employing only pleasant, helpful wonderful staff. From the maids to the chef to the waitresses and the driver of the complimentary van - all make staying here a real job.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Ms. AnneB,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We sincerely appreciate your business. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. I certainly appreciate your wonderful scores and your wonderful comments about our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Again thank you so much for your time. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Shana Craven,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fargo ND
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed 1 evening in a 2 queen room. Customer service was quick and friendly. Parking is terrible as there is a very small lot for hotel guests. The property adjoins a casino so there is additional parking, it's just farther away. Everything seemed to be clean and in good repair. The beds were the Garden Sleep System where you choose firmness. I turned the dial to "soft" and it felt like I was laying on a deflated air mattress. Pool was very small but it stayed open until 11pm so the kids were happy about that. We ate at the restaurant in the lobby, American Grill, for supper. Not sure if they were understaffed but service was incredibly slow! Friendly but slow. The waitress did comp a few beers for us. : ) We ate there again for breakfast as I purchased a bed and breakfast option for our stay. Food was tasty and plentiful. Handy location off of I-29 / I-80.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Ms. Saraalison,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We sincerely appreciate your business. I wanted to thank you for taking the time complete a survey on Trip Advisor. I wanted to thank you for the nice comments about the hotel. I also wanted to apologize for the lack of parking. This is an area that we are continously working to improve. Again, thank you for your time and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Front desk staff & good food are all this hotel have to offer.
Management is a joke, housekeeping don't & they chop & change or cancel the services they are meant to provide at a whim.
For instance, the restaurant was to be closed for all meals except breakfast for the 2 days before Christmas as well as on Christmas Day itself. Guests were told to go to the very expensive steak house in the casino next door, which is hardly appropriate for families with kids.
On Christmas morning, the chef had been told to run breakfast only until 9am. The hotel had 70% occupancy that day but this is what management had ordered. The chef took the initiative & too it upon himself to run it as a brunch... Well done, that man.
Housekeeping didn't clean my room a total of 5 times in the 4 weeks I stayed here. Other times the had not done the job right with garbage cans left unemptied wash basins left dirty & even the toilet was untouched on a supposedly 'clean' room. On one occasion, they had taken a white shirt I'd left on my bed & laundered it with the linen. I raised my concern & housekeeping returned the "laundered" shirt to my room, dumping it on my bed unfolded. When I returned, I found it had been shrunk & on mentioning this in a complaint to the General Manager. She simply replied, "Well at least you got it back".
There are many hotels both in Council Bluffs as well as in nearby Omaha downtown just 2 miles away. My advice is to use them, as this place doesn't deserve to be called "Hilton".

• Stayed December 2011
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Mr. Buschcraft_boy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. I appreciate you taking the time to post a response in regards to your experience with us. I was very disappointed after reviewing your posting and I apologize for the lack of service and accomodations you received. Is there anything that I can do to make this up to you? I would certainly be willing to offer you a complimentary stay to come back and try us out again in the future. Again thank you for your time and I hope I get the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay with us. If you would like, I can make myself available to discuss your stay over the phone at a time that is convient for you. I have included my email and also my direct line. Again thank you for your time.

shana.craven@hilton.com
712.435.7060
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed July 10, 2012

In the area for a wedding, we had 2 rooms, 1 king, 1 double queen. Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Enjoyed the evening entertainment at the Whiskey Saloon in the Casino.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Lorhs,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We sincerely appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments about the hotel and the casino. Again thank you for your time and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Have a great rest of the week.

Houston
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent a week at this hotel for business and were greated by a smiling face and a scratch off ticket good for everything from HHonors points to a free night. We rented the King Suite which has a seperate living area and bedroom. The king bed was very comfortable and I like the thick towels. This room has a good size frig and microwave. The breakfast buffet is available for $9.95 or included in packages or if you are HHonors gold. Egggs made to order, pancakes etc. The hotel is connected to the Horseshoe Casino which has a good buffet for $18.99 and higher on the weekends. Easy access to the freeway and downtown Omaha. They provide an airport shuttle.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear 1 RingMaster,

Sorry for my delay in responding, I overlooked your survey and I apologize.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Thank you HGI Council Bluffs!
Amazing people work here (Cassie, Linda, and Haley at the front desk) plus the GM (Shana) is out meeting and greeting people as well. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is not only outstanding, but also reasonably priced. The rooms are very good with comfortable beds. Great hang out time in the lobby and the casino is literally attached. While adults could make it there without delay, the kids never even noticed it!

I book around 6-800 room nights a year and this is one of the top places we have stayed....for many reasons (as mentioned) but especially the staff. Overall, I would like Hilton Corporate to know about this stay as it was a true "gamechanger" for us. We almost always stay at HIE. However, this experience has caused us to reconsider - I can honestly tell you that I have never been treated so well at a hotel by the entire staff. I know that they were worn out due to the College World Series, but their enthusiasm was just top notch. Everyone said hello, how are you, and made us feel at home. One last thing - the breakfast was good...really good!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi Mr. Pedersen,

I just wanted to reach out and say thank you so much for the wonderful comments you posted about our hotel and our staff. It is so wonderful to know that our efforts were appreciated. We certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and all the business that USA Swimming brought to our city. Thank you so much and we are hoping to have you back in four years. If you should ever need anything please don't hesitate to call or email. Thank you and have a great 4th of July.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Close to Omaha, only 10 minutes by car. At first the air conditioning was not working but as soon as we mentioned this problem, it was fixed right away. Very friendly staff and hands on management. Nice breakfast buffet. We can really recommend this hotel and will certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward G
Dear Mr. Edward G,

I apologize for my delay in responding to your survey.