“Moving daughter east” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Ohio
“Moving daughter east”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nice, ,clean, relatively new Microtel, comfortable beds, average breakfast, (biscuits hard as rocks), reasonably priced, close to casinos if you care to indulge, east side of Omaha, so easy escape eastbound in morning, no rush hour traffic if you are coming west to east. Good value for traveling

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gery W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband, our 3 kids and I traveled to the Omaha area on the way to Michigan, and I chose this hotel for a 2-night stay based on other's reviews here on TA. I liked the location and its proximity to the Henry Doorly Zoo. However, it is near a busy street, and I could hear traffic (especially loud motorcycles) most of the night. Upon arriving, we learned the elevator was out of service, and it seemed to have been that way for quite some time based on signage and such. You would think it would be a high priority to get that fixed ASAP. The woman at the front desk was pleasant. When she handed me my keys for my room, she told me we are on the 3rd floor. I asked if she had any on the 1st floor since we have 3 young children (6 yrs, 3 yrs and 1 yr). She said no the first floor was full. So, we had to climb the 3 flights of stairs with all our stuff and 3 kids...not fun. The room itself was okay, but nothing special. The "free breakfast" was pretty minor...waffles, dry cereal, juice, coffee. The seating area for the breakfast was small and not family friendly. There were high stools at a counter which we of course could not use. There were only a couple other small tables, and there were a lot of people trying to use the space. The pool was very small, but enough for the kids to splash around in. Overall, I guess for the price (under $80 per night) it was okay, but I think I will look elsewhere if we come back through this way in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get the first floor if the elevator is still out. Try to get a room away from the busy stree...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gery W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay.

Our elevator experienced an unforeseen and major malfunction required manufacture of new pistons. Unfortunately this is taking longer than anyone would like.

As for the breakfast bar, I apologize for there being only waffles, dry cereal, juice and coffee. There should have also been, peaches, bagels, biscuits and gravy and 3 flavors of muffins. I will speak to our breakfast bar manager.

I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in the area.