Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Kansas City, Missouri
“Horrible”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I called in reservations on a Tuesday. They said that check in was at 3:00, so I showed up about 3:30 on Saturday. Room was not ready, I understand things happen. 4:30 still not ready. Finally I get back at about 6:00 P.M. ROOM WAS STILL NOT READY. I had to wait and watch the lady to clean my room so I could check in. Charlie was the one working the desk and I believe the manager if you want to call that management. He was completely rude and acted like he did not care one bit about the problems. So after my stay in a single handy capped room (supposed to be a standard double). I get home about a week later I realized that they charged both my credit card that I reserved the room with and my bank card that I paid with while I was there. I called them and they said that one of the other rooms that was reserved at the same time got charged to it. They said the only way they could take the charge off one of my cards was if I had the people that stayed in the other room call them and give them there credit card AGAIN!!!!! Word of advice this motel may be cheap but pay the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gery W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am sorry that you did not receive the same level of hospitality as our other guests. During busy time of the year, our housekeeping department does their best to clean rooms by 3 O'clock. We do sometimes have extremely dirty rooms that require extra time to clean.

If you can have the people who stayed in the other room registered under your name call Christine at 712-256-2900, we will be happy to charge their card for their stay and credit your card. I will also have a talk with Charlie. Also, just so you know, Charlie is not a manager.

Again, I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I checked in 23rd of February and let them know I needed the room for about a week. I thought everything was OK but I found out the hard way everything was not OK I got locked out of my room my dinner got cold because I had to recheck in three days latter just to find out who checked me in did'nt check me in right. The room was OK not the best but not the worst. The maids cleaned the room good. The people working at the front desk think that they are above you .

• Stayed February 2013
Gery W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am sorry that you did not experience the same quality of stay as our other guests. As a point of explanation, when a reservation is made, a specific check-out date must be entered. When you said you would be staying about a week, our front desk person should have explained this to you so a more accurate date could be noted. If you could let me know who you spoke to, I will speak to them. Thank you for your business. I hope you will give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Council Bluffs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Council Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The B...
#11 of 24 in Council Bluffs
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#13 of 24 in Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Council Bluffs? Share your experiences!