All reviews huge tv usb ports awesome location minute drive beds were very comfortable great hotel stayed here amenities property lobby omaha
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Newer Location with all modern device ports,etc.
Pleasant staff and all you would always expect from a Marriott, super bed, Starbucks, nice TV, and all the extras I have in my profile (those usually don’t show up but here they did!).

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
ZakA136, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Greetings-

Thank you for taking the time and leaving such a terrific review.

It's our pleasure to make sure your room is prepared to your liking and it sounds like our Housekeeping team ensure that happened.

We look forward to your next visit to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Unbeatable location for events right next door at Mid-America Center and Iowa West Field House. Brand new property, comfortable, and pleasing decor. Wonderful staff and service. Zak, the Assistant General Manager, stopped what he was doing to give me a ride in the shuttle bus. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ZakA136, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Greetings-

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us such a great review. I'm thrilled to hear that I was able to make your stay even better.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

I disagree with some of the negative reviews of this hotel. Our room had a beautiful view of the Pacific. We sat on the balcony and watched the sun set. Surf access was fine, and there was a good sand washing station by the food truck. The bus took us to Dodger Stadium and brought us back with no issues.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ZakA136, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Greetings-

Thank you for your time and the review but unfortunately it seems that you a leaving it with the incorrect property as we are located in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed March 4, 2019

The Courtyard in Council Bluffs looks very nice, but there were some planning issues that need to be worked out.

First and foremost, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the decor is beautiful and modern. I do intend to stay here again, as long as a few things get changed.

However, I was turned off by several factors in the layout. Since we stayed in early March, and there was snow on the ground (normal in this area), the approach to the front door is important. The first thing I noticed was that while there was a very small circle drive entrance where we could drop off passengers and luggage, there were no close by parking spots for check-in. We had to circle around to the main lot to park before even checking in. Then, there is a strip of garden, berm, curbing, or something (covered in a pile of snow) separating the parking area from the front door, so one must either tromp over the pile of snow, squeezing between parked cars, to get to the front entrance, or walk quite a ways around.

The next thing I experienced as I walked in the door was that I was confused where to check in. There are a couple small desks (not much marking) just inside the door, but not much that made it look like a traditional check0in desk. The bar across the way actually looked more like what I was looking for. Then, the hallway to the elevators is a skinny corridor, barely inside the front door.

The room was very nice, with a huge television, plenty of outlets and lights, and plenty of usable space. The bathrooms are nice and spacious, though the half-walled shower stall allowed water to splash out of the stall, the temperature of the water was difficult to regulate (very fine line between too hot and too cold), and the exhaust fan could not keep up. Being nearly 6 foot tall, I appreciate the high shower head, but somebody shorter than myself would have a difficult time reaching it to change the spray.

Finally, we have breakfast. I understand many hotels don't have free breakfast, and I'm fine with that as long as there is a restaurant on the premises or very close by. The Courtyard has neither. It has a coffee counter with very slow service and a limited selection of breakfast items, most being way too fru-fru. For instance, if you want pancakes, you get lemon blueberry ricotta pancakes. When your hotel is connected to a sports complex and most of your guests are young families, this can be a problem. We settled from the Continental Breakfast, which included a choice of two cereals with strawberries and a thimble of milk, a small slice of banana bread, and coffee, tea, or orange juice. Rather than spending $2 for a cup of coffee, I went back to the room to make 2 cups with the coffee maker to almost fill up my travel mug.

I hope the owners/management can work on making this property more family friendly, and I will return. They have a good thing started.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ZakA136, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Greetings-

Thank you for the great review and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will be sure to pass your feedback regarding the building design and menu options on to Marriott so they may address them in the future.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

I attended a conference in Council Bluffs this month and chose to stay at this property. Normally when I travel, I stay at places which include breakfast. However, since breakfast was at the conference, then I stayed here. Very nice, new property with a high level of finish throughout. It was a very comfortable stay, rooms are very nice, and quiet.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank J5172HLmattr
ZakA136, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Greetings-

Thank you for the terrific review and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.