“Nice Setting but food needs some work”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hy-Vee Fresh Market Grille
Ranked #126 of 172 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Reviewed December 31, 2017

I ate there recently and was disappointed. This is a grocery store coffee shop converted to a restaurant. The problem is that you have to order your food from the deli next to the restaurant and that does take away the opportunity to order from a menu you while enjoying a drink. They currently serve beer and wine. The bartender was very nice and was willing to chance out my beer selection after I ordered a new beer and did not like it.

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Hy-Vee's new in-store concept is to offer a higher end eating experience, that also includes wine, beer and cocktails. However, the menu consisted of $9.00 burgers $10.00 omelets and and $19.00 steaks. A grocery is not the type of place I'd expect to pay those types of prices, We were planning on a late breakfast, so called first to see how long they served. 'Noon', they said, so we showed up around 11:15 to be told that they stopped serving breakfast 15 minutes ago. It was so 'memorable', I can't even remember what my wife or I ordered, plus it seemed to take forever to get our order. That seemed odd, since the place was nearly deserted during lunchtime. The staff didn't seem to know what was going on, which may have been due to the recent opening. We asked for a to-go container and managed to get the last one they had in the place...and this was just shortly after noon. Hope no one needed one after that. Not sure if I want to go back again, at least until they expand the menu and lower the prices.

Date of visit: April 2017