All reviews cinnamon rolls great hotel front desk breakfast attendant pool area old market area would stay again bass pro bed was comfortable fitness room up to date mini fridge fitness center yogurt free breakfast staff was friendly hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on a Friday night. Upon arrival, we found the parking lots on three sides of the hotel plus the entrance blocked off due to repaving. Upon check in, I asked twice if where I was parked was OK and the clerk said yes. The next morning as I went to the car for an item, I noticed the hotel manager talking to an employee in the parking lot. After getting into my car, the employee approached and asked if I was leaving as they were going to tow my car and numerous others! I told him I was told to park where I was at to which he replied "that was a mistake" and that I should move to the movie theater a quarter mile away. He said it was "management's decision" to have multiple cars towed even though we'd been instructed to park where we did. Given it was the solar eclipse weekend, the hotel was packed and several people simply went thru the barriers and parked in the freshly paved lots. It obviously was poor management who decided to pave over 75% of the parking lots on a busy Friday night compounded by poor communications and threats to the customers. Bottom line is this hotel is poorly run and it shows with poor customer service and the declining hotel accommodations.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank grasssnod
Roy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

I am truly sorry for the level of service your experienced at our property. We have made management changes since your visit and I think you will find us a very different hotel even in the last 30 days. We could have planned things much differently so as not to impact our guest in such a way to cause the level of frustration that you experienced. I truly hope you will give me a chance to earn your business back. I encourage you to reach out to me personally next time you are in the area and I will ensure your stay is outstanding personally.

Roy Watson

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Omaha area. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable, there is an indoor pool and hot tub and free breakfast. It is close to many area attraction (within 5 miles) and there are restaurants and a movie theater and go karts within walking distance.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 184jaimer
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I often stay at Holiday Inn Express and this one did not disappoint. The bed and the linens were very nice. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is about a mile and a half from the freeway. I did not use the pool.

Room tip: Areas away from the elevators are quieter because the ice and vending machines are there.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Took our granddaughters on a trip to the zoo in Omaha, we always stay at Holiday Inn and suites. Always friendly helpful staff. The hotel is always clean and taken care of. Nice breakfast, as with any hotel would love to see more gluten free and allergy friendly foods. Our room had a view of the Missouri river, very nice...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We stayed over the fourth weekend (Thursday to Saturday) and again enjoyed our stay. Fresh cookies were ready shortly after our arrival on Thursday which were great. I have to say though that what changed from last September (our first stay) to this stay is that booking online through priceline changed as we have had two beds using priceline both in September 2016 and again over new years 2017. This time, no such luck. They told me that I would have to talk to priceline which only guarantees for two people so be careful with the 2.5 star booking on priceline with Council Bluffs west as we did receive a king size bed only. Otherwise, again, a great stay with awesome breakfast included and close to almost everything in the area. Would stay again but prepare for a room for only two people.

Date of stay: June 2017