“If you need me, I'll be in the shower.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Holiday Inn Express has developed a template for a good night's stay, and this hotel fits it perfectly.
The room was clean.
The bed was comfortable.
The bedding was clean.
The pillows were perfect.
The Wi-Fi worked well.
The bathroom was large, and clean and had plenty of absorbent towels.
There was a large desk, comfortable desk chair, and a good Wi-Fi signal.
The water pressure and the temperature of the water in the shower were great! I could have stayed in that shower all night.
Breakfast was delicious. I even tried the turkey sausage and found it to be quite tasty.
There were biscuits, sausage, eggs, yogurts, cereal, cinnamon rolls, breads for toasting/spreading, a pancake machine, and juice, tea, and coffee. The breakfast attendant was very efficient and kept things well stocked.

The only problem we had was that we could not get satisfactory use out of the Air Conditioner. It never cooled the entire room. It would turn on and run, but then it would turn off and stay off a long time, allowing the room to get hot again. My daughter slept very poorly in the bed beside the AC unit, because she was either hot or cold all night.

I would have no qualms about visiting this location again, or recommending it to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SouthpawKB
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I went for out 3rd wedding anniversary. The staff were upbeat, friendly and had a GREAT sense of humor, which I really appreciate!!!! Room was beautiful, and very clean. Breakfast was AMAZING... most hotels do coffee, donuts, oatmeal, waffles....NOPE here there were fresh fruits, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and hard boiled, variety of yogurt and cereal, bacon sausage. A variety of everything. It was delicious! I also enjoyed the free newspaper and bottled water!!!! We really enjoyed ourselves. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know and am already planning another trip.. this time with the kiddos :)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dorinda M
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Our room was spacious, and the bathroom was good sized with an extra large countertop area. Very clean and up to date. Used reward points for our stay, so I can't comment too much on whether or not it was a good value. Had a few minor complaints... issues with one of our keys working (after we had them reprogram it, it worked for a while then quit again), no fruit offered at breakfast, and housekeeping knocking on our door at 8 am, ready to clean our room. (My husband mentioned the housekeeping thing at check out and was told it shouldn't have happened since we were only there for one night and checking out that day anyway.) The breakfast room was chilly while the rest of the common areas were really warm, but our room temperature was easily regulated and the bathroom fan actually kept the bathroom from getting too sticky while not making the bathroom freezing cold either, which is often hard to find. Close to a few restaurants, the Mid-America Center, and Bass Pro Shops. There's also a movie theater next door. Expected a few more things, particularly restaurants, within walking distance since this hotel came up on the IHG app as being the "convention center" location, but it was fine nonetheless. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a real nice hotel. I picked this one from the reviews on tripadvisor. The location is very good. Room was very nice and bed and shower were great. Breakfast was very good. I'm glad I picked this one.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay. Close to Old Market in Omaha and right next door to Casino. They had a shuttle service that took us to Old Market and then came and picked us up. Great service and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Bad weather had me worried. Rain and hail were coming down all around the area. Got to the hotel and the staff was very fast at getting us checked in. They made sure we knew where to go if the sirens went off again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Ihg hotels in the past have had too soft pillows on bed, this hotel was much better. Room was clean and confi. Maybe doors could be adjusted so they do not slam when closing. Staff was outstanding, friendly and helpful, thus the five circle excellent. Breakfast with pancakes ,sausage choices, and premade omelets. Plus warm cinnamon rolls, very good!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple