“Very accommodating staff. Made for a very pleasent stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“Very accommodating staff. Made for a very pleasent stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nothing but excellent things to say about Holiday inn express and suites - Council Bluffs. Staff was very accommodating, helpful, courteous and nice. They really stepped it up during a crisis of another hotel (Staybridge Inn & Suites - Omaha) backing out of their commitment last minute and leaving several people scrambling for a place to stay. Holiday inn ex and suites went beyond what was asked doing everything they could for our stay. Many thanks.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi Pmlande,

Thanks so much for the review. We're humbled to see your kind words and hope to see you again in the future!

Sam, on behalf of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I just wanted to say that the customer service experience Dennis and his staff showed us during our visit was fantastic. When I heard our last hotel cancelled all my family's reservations I was worried that we would not be able to find somewhere today during one of the busiest hotel times in Council Bluffs/Omaha area. I am not sure how Dennis got involved but it sure was a happy day that he could accommodate all of us at the Holiday Inn. Thank you for helping my cousin Patrick have his perfect day. It really meant the world to us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to write this review, eig6gam.

We were happy to help out and we hope you'll consider us the next time you and yours are in the area.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight so I could take my daughter and grandson to the train for their return trip home. It was an awesome stay from the start. Check in was excellent, the room was clean, the bathroom large, and the bed very comfortable.
My first time at this hotel but won't be my last if I need to come to Omaha for another overnight stay. I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words, Sadie.

We were so thrilled with your feedback I published your review to Facebook -- check it out if you get the chance.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit, Sadie.

Granton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the this hotel from March 7 to March 12. I was initially a guest of the Horseshoe Casino. The breakfast included with my room was very very good and always available when I wanted to eat before 10 AM. During my stay, a very ugly snow storm arrived that stayed much longer than anticipated. The hotel staff arrived at 0700 on Sunday and she did not get to leave until 2300 that same night. She continued to be friendly, helpful and polite. Because I could not leave when anticipated, she found a room for me- at my expense- for an extra day. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They went as far as giving me necessary directions to a part of Council Bluffs that I had never previously visited so I could get my car fixed for my trip home. I would and have told friends and acquaintances was a great hotel this is to stay. They also alloted me free internet. I just loved the fact that an in-room safe was available for such a nominal fee. I wish all hotels had this amenity. I will stay and so will be husband the next time we travel to Council Bluffs.

Room Tip: I always look for a Holiday Inn & Suites when I travel. I find their rooms always good. In bad...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, Lorrie.

We're very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and we were happy to host and assist you during the snowstorms. As anyone from the midwest knows, weather can be unpredictable, so we're always prepared for the worst!

It's also nice to hear you took advantage of our in-room safes, which are available in all rooms for a fee of $1.50/night.

Hope to see you again soon, Lorrie.

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a VERY nice motel. The whole place is clean. The rooms are big and comfortable. The wifi works good as well. Although it seemed like the woman at the front desk was a little out of her element. She was trying to be nice. There breakfast has a variety to choose from hot and cold

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi srjudd.

Thanks so much for the kind words. We're quite pleased you found your stay to your liking and we hope to see you again during your next visit!

Mundelein, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick & easy. Bed comfortable. Complementary breakfast offered a variety of food, hot & fresh. Pool & hot tube a bit small for a near full hotel. Loved the shower. They were helpful in suggesting restraunts, points of interest & transportation services. FREE friges & wifi the room. Would highly recommend

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks so much for the review, Carey!

We're very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in serving our customers' every need from check-in to check-out, so it's always nice to get positive feedback like yours.

We hope to see again soon, Carey.

Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in the jacuzzi room for a night away from home.

Check in was quick and easy front desk staff was very friendly.

Hotel looks brand new. Every part I walked around was very well kept.

Room was much larger than I expected and so was the jacuzzi. Easily fits two!

The only complaint I have is the walls are very thin and I hope they do something with the room doors. When they close they slam so loudly it almost startles you. I understand the way hotel room doors work but these border on ridiculous.

Other than that great hotel, and great staff from the front desk to the cleaning crew!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for the review, rjsmom1117.

We're very happy you found us accommodating for your getaway. Our jacuzzi rooms are quite luxurious indeed, and our staff prides itself in serving our customers' every need.

We hope to see you again soon!