“Very nice motel, close to the zoo”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed after a day at the zoo, and then a family reunion in Missouri Valley. Room was clean, nice breakfast, pool was warm, but a little on the small side. We picked this motel, because it was close to the zoo, and also if you stay 2 weekend nights, you get $75 back. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank north014

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We recently stayed at this location for a family party. Although the immediate neighborhood is not great, the hotel itself was. It was clean, the staff okay and had a pool for the kids.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were looking for a last minute room for a one night stay to attend the Olympic Swim Trials in Omaha. This turned out to be a good choice. Clean, comfortable room, with easy access to Downtown Omaha in 5 minutes. Price was a bit high, probably due to demand due to nearby events. Good breakfast choices and decent exercise room. It was quiet during our stay.
I normally prefer Hampton Inns, but this was one of the better Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at and I will probably consider the chain in the future

Room Tip: Long hallways, so a room close o the elevator will be more convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hubby and I stayed here for 3 nights during the college world series. We were upgraded to a suite at the same price for a standard room. Room was clean and quiet during the evening hours. Staff was helpful and courteous. This was our first trip to the CWS and it won't be our last. This is where we plan to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had work in council bluffs and due to the college world series, this was the only hotel available. For a holiday in express, the hotel is pretty decent. The hotel did nothing to control the numerous kids running around making loud noises and stomping their feet all over the hotel. Also breaking every rule at the pool(making it unusable by normal guests). These issues may be isolated to event weeks, but they are annoying for business travelers trying to enjoy ammemities and sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have to say this hotel has a great bang for your buck. Clean rooms, great breakfast SPREAD, and friendly service. The breakfast bar is well managed and maintaned, so much so I left a tip for them. They did a great job keep the food choices well stocked and the tables cleaned for new guests coming in. The breakfast area is large and very well thought floor plan, it has an inviting feel with different seating arrangements available to have a small one on one or a bigger group experience. I also had a nice HDTV in my king size room. Good pillows, I didnt bother going back out the my truck to bring in my on because I could tell I was going to make it through the night without it.
So along with the good, I feel obligated to tell the bad as well. The halls were busy all night long, the doors are paper thin and I could hear people as they made their way down the hall to their room. There are a couple casinos in the area and I think I heard someone say there was a concert in the area, which were probably contributing to the noise level. My company booked the hotel but I was charged a $15 incidental fee. At check out I inquired about it, being a new traveler, I wanted to know what an incidental fee covered. The front desk informed me that it would be refunded, but it is to cover the theft of towels, TV, ect.
My only recomendations would be for them to invest in insulating the doors to give their patrons a quietier nights rests. And to inform people at the time of check-in what an "incidental fee" is and how it would be used.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I come to both Ohama and Council Bluffs often for work. This is where I stay no matter what side of the river I am working. King suites are great here. When you first walk in the door you'll be amazed at the waterfall and great breakfast area. Casino across the street if want and restaurants.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business