“Fajita Portions Are Huge!!!”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 146 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Mesa is a Mexican restaurant with locations in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and a fun atmosphere. Join us for awesome appetizers, exciting entrees, seafood specialties, fabulous fajitas, and mouthwatering margaritas. Catering is also offered with menu combinations that will satisfy any taste and budget. Join us today for some authentic Mexican cuisine that's sure to put a smile on your face!
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I came in here on 2-28-14 to enjoy some fajitas. Service was awesome and the atmosphere was great. The fajitas for two could have fed four people. They were pretty tasty. The tortillas beans, rice, chips, salsa and guacamole were all really good. The price was around $22.00 for the fajitas for two.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

La Mesa is one of my favorite restaurants in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area. We ate at the Council Bluffs location tonight and it was pretty good. I did notice the salsa was different from the Omaha locations. It seemed less chunky and less spicy. I think La Mesa has some of the best Queso Dip! It's the white cheese and runny instead of stringy! I love it! They also have pretty good margaritas.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Very nice decor, high ceilings and brightly painted seating. Good place for small kids, extra noise will not be noticed. Service was fast and attentive. Food was average and met expectations.

Restaurant is right next to Hotel 6, and is a fine place to eat if you are passing through.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Every time we go out to eat at La Mesa in Council Bluffs, the entire family has a fun time and great food. The servings are very generous and tasty. We almost always go through at least two baskets of chips and a few containers of salsa before our food comes -- not that the service is slow; we just enjoy the chips and salsa that much. Most times we have very attentive wait staff, and every time we have had very good and flavorful food. Their fajitas are excellent ( large servings - we always have to get a doggie bag), and if you enjoy nachos, their nachos fajitas are perfect! Their white queso really makes the dish!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Be careful if you use a credit card. What they turned in to my credit card company was almost $2.00 more than what I signed for (and what shows on my copy of the receipt).
The food was "fair" & the service was bad. I will not be returning.