“Traveling salesman”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 147 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Mesa is a Mexican restaurant with locations in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and a fun atmosphere. Join us for awesome appetizers, exciting entrees, seafood specialties, fabulous fajitas, and mouthwatering margaritas. Catering is also offered with menu combinations that will satisfy any taste and budget. Join us today for some authentic Mexican cuisine that's sure to put a smile on your face!
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This was a winner! I stopped for lunch and was pleased with the decor. Unlike most Mexican restaurants were service is lacking, they were attentive and service was excellent. I ordered the chile verde which was some of the best I have had. The verde sauce was prepared fresh and flavorful whith some heat to it. The rice and beans were both very good. If there was room for improvement it would be the tortillas were packaged and not . The pork was pulled and not cubed which I think the pulled version is better anyway. This was ordered off the dinner menu and was still under $10.
This stop was worth the visit!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

It seems that its just a touch of South of the Boarder. Wide variety of dishes available in your choice of chicken, pork or beef.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

When you are seated the server will bring you chips and salsa. My wife likes to order the cheese dip which is very creamy and hot. We usually get one of the combination plates. If you order a taco you have a choice of hard shell, soft shell, or fried. I recommend the fried shells.
The chairs and tables are unique and were handcrafted in Mexico. Bar located in the front. La Mesa has 5 locations in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area. Best place to go for Mexican food in Council Bluffs, La Mesa is conveniently located off I 80/29 Exit 3.

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have been going to LaMesa for years and we have never been let down with the food or the service!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our second trip to La Mesa in Council Bluffs and it was every bit as good as our first time there. The food was very tasty and the service was great. The combo plate I ordered was so much food it came out on two plates! This is one place I will stop on every trip I make to the area.

1  Thank TerMar1981