“Friendly staff, clean room”

Quality Inn Coralville
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Coralville
Denver, Iowa
“Friendly staff, clean room”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful. Suggested restaurants that were close by. Our two rooms were both clean, bathroom was small but clean. Coffeemaker, Micro and fridge in all the rooms along with free wi-fi in rooms. Beds/pillows were soft. Could probably use new bedspreads but we always throw them off anyway. Towells were soft and thicker than alot we've seen. Free coffee available 24hrs a day along with apples/oranges in the lobby area. Breakfast had alot of choices for either cereal - eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, juice etc. Not the fanciest place but fine for a couple of nights stay. Have stayed here 3 other times and have always been satisfied. Would recommend to others - hospital rates were $65 and the plus for us is that they still have some smoking rooms available. The only con was that we had one room on the first floor and the other on the second. They do not have an elevator so we had to carry everything up the stairs. Which probably wouldn't be an issue with younger people, however it did present alittle bit of a problem for us.

Room Tip: Make your reservation directly with the hotel vs online. We received a lower rate calling them direc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Quiet room was on first floor, high ceilings, cheerful colors, BIG, minimizing the size of the two queen beds. Clean and comfortable bed, lots of pillows. Clean bathroom but exhaust fan didn't work well in the bathroom so it fogged easily and did not ventilate quickly. Lots of towels, faceclothes, miminal sundries, plenty of Kleenex and toilet paper. Great breakfast, cereals, hot and cold, choice of milk, fruit, bacon, sausage, eggs, coffee, juices, bread and muffins AND yummy pumpkin spice waffles!!!! Would highly recommend to my best friend or family member.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Check in was great, I think it took a total of five minutes. We asked about restaurants near by and they gave us a few recommendations. We booked the Whirlpool Suite, which was probably one of the most interesting i've ever seen. It was wasn't on the ground floor you had to take two steps to get into the tub. If you were an older person I would have been leery of getting in, because I wouldn't be sure I could get out!!! First thing I do when I go to a hotel is take off the blanket (full of germs) and then give the rest of the room a good once over. There were sparkles on the bed....like someone had been to a strip club the night before. It was odd, never had I seen that before. There was one grain of rice left on the night stand, maybe in case someone got hungry later??? It looked as if someone had done their business in the bathroom but had forgotten to give the second courtesy flush. But by far the worst part of the room was when I got to the tub. There was plenty of body hair not cleaned out.......and I myself could not get it down the drain with just a glass of water. I ran into housekeeping in the hall and told her about the problem, she was an older lady and was just so sweet. I didn't concern her with the hooker sparkles on the bed or grain of rice. Just asked her if I could use some of her tub cleaner and I would take care of the hair problem myself. She apoligized.....saying i'm sorry i've got cataracts and it's hard for me to see everything, plus the tub scared her, she was afraid to get in, because she was afraid she wouldn't get out and they had a full night the night before and she was exhaused. All I could do was laugh, she was a very sweet lady and i'm sure someone's grandmother. But I'm paying for a clean room, and I didn't get a clean room!! :( This is the second Comfort Inn we've stayed at in a row, to be disappointed two times in a row. We became a member of the Choice Rewards Program thinking that we would get some "perks" out of the deal. I'm still waiting for the perks to kick in...........

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iowa_state_fan1
Iowa
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Our family traveled to Coralville recently to attend the Iowa Firefighters Memorial Service. We chose to stay at the Comfort Inn has it offered affordable lodging at $68/night. Since we blocked several rooms, we negotiated for this price. Other hotels in the area were $100+.

First I will mention the pros of this hotel: friendly staff; refrigerator and micorowave in each room; free wi-fi; good breakfast and it did include protein items - scrambled egg patties, hard boiled eggs, plus buscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, fruit, breads and cereals - very good!

The cons: this is an old property and the rooms are in need of updating. The bed comforter and bed skirt were very old; the mattress was very soft plus the room had older furniture, the bathroom was very small and the fixtures needed to be replaced, plus they were corroded in places. The stool was disgusting. They did not clean underneath the rim,which is difficult to see when you are standing in front of it, but when walking into the bathroom. one could see the black ring.

The breakfast area was very small, as well as the pool, but it was adequaate for the kids to have fun.

This hotel was sold out the night we stayed and it is obviously because of their reasonable rates. The Fairfield Inn's parking lot across street was not full.

If you want basic, low cost lodging, this is your place. If you want nicer accomodations, stay elsewhere, but you will pay the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WDMTraveler
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here last month. This was my second stay. The hotel is very clean and beds were comfortable. There is a free breakfast in the morning. Nothing spectacular, but adequate. Short on meat/protein. They had waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, fruit, and the like. I will stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Swimming pool is a bit on the cool side. Wish they would warm it up a bit.

Room Tip: Both times I have stayed here I was on the second floor and had no issues. There is no elevator if...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pirateofthecoast
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We like Comfort Inns. Good free hot breakfast, free wifi, and when you get a room with 2 beds, they are queen sized. This one was no different. Good stay. However, in our non-smoking room, cigarette smoke permeated - especially in the bathroom (my guess is the exhaust fans carry the smoke from room to room). Overall, good cheap stay and helpful friendly staff. Would recommend, just let your clothes air out from the smoke afterward!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family