“pretty good”

Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed January 27, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Breakfast bar was well stocked and staff friendliness was excellent. We wont the room as a gift from a Christmas party and was blessed to have a hotel so close that we could just spend the night with no hassles and enjoy the whirlpool, fitness center and breakfast bar at our own leisure. We truly enjoyed being able to relax because our jobs are stressful at times but we felt safe and secure staying at the Hampton. We will definitely stay here for a date night again. Blessings to the staff.

Dear Pam F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were glad to share in your Christmas gift and hope you choose our hotel whenever you’re in the Iowa City area. We strive to provide a home away from home for those with a stressful workload and I am glad that you were able to enjoy yourselves. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to my staff.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Overall I enjoy staying in the Hampton Inns. This is no different than most. Room was quiet, well kept, and clean. TV allows HDMI plug in which I enjoy so I can watch an occasional movie on my laptop. Breakfast is always a nice free bonus and the staff is almost always very friendly.

My only complaint is that there was hardly any water pressure in the shower. I mean it felt like a trickle of water. I did inform the front desk, and they were very speedy about trying to fix it. They sent someone up and replaced the shower head with a newer one. I was hopeful but when I used it the following day, it was marginally better. A shame! I give them A+ for effort!

I recently gained Iowa as a market of mine, so I will be spending A LOT of time there and would love to station myself in this hotel when I am in town however, I may have to spend a bit more and do a Hilton Garden Inns next time to compare.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Melfore,

I want to thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about our speedy maintenance team and efforts to resolve your issue. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to my staff.

I look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

With highest regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We try to use Hampton Inns whenever we can. This hotel did not disappoint. Staff were great (it is Iowa, after all), facilities were up to Hampton standards, and the rooms were excellent. We were driving in a miserable, snowy night and this was a most welcome reprieve from driving.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear naturetrav,

I want to thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been a rough winter and I am glad that we could provide an escape from the below freezing temperatures!

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being loyal Hampton Inn fans, my husband and I decided to get out of a snowstorm recently while passing through the area on a roadtrip. This Hampton was visible from the highway, so we stopped and got a room. Check in was a breeze and the front desk person was very friendly. The room, however, was nowhere near what we've come to expect from Hampton Inn. We were on the first floor, in a room that was much smaller and way more outdated than usual. The bathroom was also quite small and just awkward. The bathtub/shower fixtures look like they'd been cleaned recently with a dried up SOS pad and not rinsed.
We did sleep well, however, so that was a good thing. And the breakfast buffet was really good, too, with delicious hot foods and a nice spread of fresh fruit, muffins, yogurts, and cereals.
Overall, it wasn't terrible, but we'll probably check out the other nearby Hampton if we're in the area again.

Dear sardawg,

I want to thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. I take all of our guest feedback seriously and would like to assure you that total guest satisfaction is the goal of our entire staff. I will share your positive comments with our front desk and breakfast team and as well as address the cleaning procedures of our housekeeping department.

Again, I would like to thank you for your responses and hope the Hampton Inn will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff friendly nice dining establishment attached. Easy on/off access to freeway other amenities for extended stay. Would stay agin when in the area. Hilton Honors member so brand works with program.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Adam L,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. I am pleased to see that our hotel has met your high standards and am very happy you've enjoyed your stay with us. As always, guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we value all your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do in the future to make your stay a perfect one.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable, but nothing to write home about. Felt it was overpriced. The hot tub was not hot, but the coffee was. Just felt it was high priced for Iowa. Why does this review require 200 minimum characters? I've said more than I wanted to say in the first place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#6 of 21 in Coralville
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville? Share your experiences!