“We expect better...”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“We expect better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being loyal Hampton Inn fans, my husband and I decided to get out of a snowstorm recently while passing through the area on a roadtrip. This Hampton was visible from the highway, so we stopped and got a room. Check in was a breeze and the front desk person was very friendly. The room, however, was nowhere near what we've come to expect from Hampton Inn. We were on the first floor, in a room that was much smaller and way more outdated than usual. The bathroom was also quite small and just awkward. The bathtub/shower fixtures look like they'd been cleaned recently with a dried up SOS pad and not rinsed.
We did sleep well, however, so that was a good thing. And the breakfast buffet was really good, too, with delicious hot foods and a nice spread of fresh fruit, muffins, yogurts, and cereals.
Overall, it wasn't terrible, but we'll probably check out the other nearby Hampton if we're in the area again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear sardawg,

I want to thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. I take all of our guest feedback seriously and would like to assure you that total guest satisfaction is the goal of our entire staff. I will share your positive comments with our front desk and breakfast team and as well as address the cleaning procedures of our housekeeping department.

Again, I would like to thank you for your responses and hope the Hampton Inn will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Meganne Franks
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
wauwatosa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff friendly nice dining establishment attached. Easy on/off access to freeway other amenities for extended stay. Would stay agin when in the area. Hilton Honors member so brand works with program.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Adam L,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. I am pleased to see that our hotel has met your high standards and am very happy you've enjoyed your stay with us. As always, guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we value all your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do in the future to make your stay a perfect one.

Meganne Franks
Front Desk Supervisor
Littleton, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable, but nothing to write home about. Felt it was overpriced. The hot tub was not hot, but the coffee was. Just felt it was high priced for Iowa. Why does this review require 200 minimum characters? I've said more than I wanted to say in the first place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

One night stay during a conference. The room was fine, comfortable bed, and clean. A good breakfast in the morning, with many choices. I didn't get to try the pool, but it looked inviting. The hotel has an attached restaurant. I had the walleye fingers, and they were fantastic!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Woburn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Hampton Inn, Coralville was a very good place to stay at during a business meeting to University of Iowa. It is very easy access from the highway (be sure to enter into the sign that says Holiday Inn - both hotels have same entrance and it can be confusing) and has good restaurants within a mile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff are very nice and friendly at the Hampton Inn in Coralville. The hotel is, shall we say, a bit long in the tooth. I found it did not live up to my expectations (I was not welcomed as a Gold Member nor provided even a bottle water as usual, but I realize that's a small thing). The location of this hotel was terrible, right across the road from what appeared to be a rock quarry, judging by the dust and dump trucks leaving with crushed stone or something, and clouds of dust blew our way every time I truck left across the street. The hotel appears old to me, and it could use a complete remodeling. I wish I had checked Trip Advisor or one of the blogs, but usually Hampton Inn's are nice hotels. I think this one was just an older one that had seen better days. I had reserved two nights (we were there for the weekend to attend a wedding in Iowa City), but I checked out after the first night since it was so disappointing, after reserving a room (via my iPhone Hilton app) at the Hampton Inn in downtown Iowa City, and I was not disappointed at all, but pleasantly surprised. The one downtown was much newer, much better location, and excellent in all respects (and no more expensive). If you plan on staying in Iowa City, try the Hampton Inn downtown location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were most pleased with our stay. Check in was easy, great rate, clean room, awesome breakfast. We were especially impressed with the fresh teas and coffee available at the door upon check in, and of course, the fresh cookies are always appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Holiday Inn Express Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville

Been to Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville? Share your experiences!