All reviewsrestaurant attacheda hilton honors memberiowa cityeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerfresh fruitcomplimentary breakfastroad tripbreakfast staffbreakfast areaconvenient locationwould stay againclean roomsstayed one nightoatmealinns
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel is undergoing a renovation, but we were not told this at check in. In fact, we were given a room down a long, dank hallway, surrounded by other rooms being renovated! Luckily, the paint fumes didn't get into our room, but the workers who started at 7:30am were probably the noisiest people ever. Of course our room hadn't been renovated yet and was quite shabby and dirty.
Also, we missed the usually cheerful Hampton breakfast staff! Here, a lady stood off to the side, face impassive, not talking to anyone or refilling things as they ran out.
And to add insult to injury, the rate was about 30% higher than we usually pay at a Hampton.

I really wish I had thought to invoke their 100% Guarantee and gotten my money back when we checked out. After years of staying at Hamptons where ever we go, this was our first truly disappointing one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a hallway that's not under renovation!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shamrock123
ChrisPhillipsAGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear shamrock123:

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the renovation noise. We are almost done with our upgrades, and we apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you during your stay here. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again once our renovations are complete so you can enjoy them. .

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Hampton looked a little tread-worn, but still provided a good overnight on a long trip. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was just a little under the Hampton par. The adjacent River City Bistro was an average eatery but saved you the need to get back in the car as no other restaurants are near.

An average experience, but nothing bad to report.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear RichLP:

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us. I will share your comments with my breakfast staff. Guest satafaction is our number one goal here at the Hampton Inn of Coralville.

I appricate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel and hope you will continue to stay with us when your in the Coralville area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

No refrigerators in the rooms and a little above average on cost. Military rate was not available. Exit on interstate is located in or near road construction but easily accessible.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Wish2travel2:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I'm glad your stay was positive. I do apologize for the Military discount not being available, I will look into this issue for the dates of your stay.

We hope that you chose Hampton Inn again for future trips through Coralville/Iowa City.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Although this is an older hotel, it has been thru a recent renovation. My first stay was three years ago and I said I would never go back because of the shabby conditions. Four months ago I was forced to stay at this hotel because nothing else in the area was available and I was pleasantly surprised at the change. The accommodations, amenities and staff far exceeded my expectations. There is a managers reception every weekday evening and for a business travel this is great. At the end of a grueling work day, I can come back to my hotel and unwind with a drink before dinner. The hotel restaurant has an average menu with nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Amy M:

I am excited that you enjoyed our hotel so much, and I'm glad our recent renovations made a positive impact on your stay. We are striving to improve the guest experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would also like to let you know that we have now added an extra day to our Managers Reception, it’s now Monday – Thursday every week.

Thank you for talking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We are driving across America and stayed a night here and loved it. The room was super clean, spacious, and quiet. The staff was extremely helpful and the location was right off the highway but not viewable from the highway, so we felt our moving truck was safe here by design. Will definitely look up hampton inn in the future. I think the bad reviews are not legit, we didn't encounter anything negative, as stated in previous reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear NYtoOR:

I am writing you today in regards to the survey which you recently filled out. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our main goal in the hospitality industry is guest satisfaction and it is encouraging to receive such high regards from a guest. Through constant training of our staff and feedback from our guests we strive to make every stay as comfortable as possible.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and hope the Hampton Inn will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.