“Another good Hampton Inn.”

Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Hampton looked a little tread-worn, but still provided a good overnight on a long trip. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was just a little under the Hampton par. The adjacent River City Bistro was an average eatery but saved you the need to get back in the car as no other restaurants are near.

An average experience, but nothing bad to report.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisPhillipsAGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear RichLP:

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us. I will share your comments with my breakfast staff. Guest satafaction is our number one goal here at the Hampton Inn of Coralville.

I appricate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel and hope you will continue to stay with us when your in the Coralville area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

No refrigerators in the rooms and a little above average on cost. Military rate was not available. Exit on interstate is located in or near road construction but easily accessible.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Wish2travel2:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I'm glad your stay was positive. I do apologize for the Military discount not being available, I will look into this issue for the dates of your stay.

We hope that you chose Hampton Inn again for future trips through Coralville/Iowa City.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Although this is an older hotel, it has been thru a recent renovation. My first stay was three years ago and I said I would never go back because of the shabby conditions. Four months ago I was forced to stay at this hotel because nothing else in the area was available and I was pleasantly surprised at the change. The accommodations, amenities and staff far exceeded my expectations. There is a managers reception every weekday evening and for a business travel this is great. At the end of a grueling work day, I can come back to my hotel and unwind with a drink before dinner. The hotel restaurant has an average menu with nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Amy M:

I am excited that you enjoyed our hotel so much, and I'm glad our recent renovations made a positive impact on your stay. We are striving to improve the guest experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would also like to let you know that we have now added an extra day to our Managers Reception, it’s now Monday – Thursday every week.

Thank you for talking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We are driving across America and stayed a night here and loved it. The room was super clean, spacious, and quiet. The staff was extremely helpful and the location was right off the highway but not viewable from the highway, so we felt our moving truck was safe here by design. Will definitely look up hampton inn in the future. I think the bad reviews are not legit, we didn't encounter anything negative, as stated in previous reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear NYtoOR:

I am writing you today in regards to the survey which you recently filled out. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our main goal in the hospitality industry is guest satisfaction and it is encouraging to receive such high regards from a guest. Through constant training of our staff and feedback from our guests we strive to make every stay as comfortable as possible.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and hope the Hampton Inn will continue to be your hotel of choice in the Iowa City/ Coralville area.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was back in Iowa for my sister's wedding. I arrived Thursday, June 14th and departed Saturday, June 16th. I had a long day as my flight from Milwaukee to Des Moines was canceled, so Air Tran put me on a bus for that long 7 hour drive. I was supposed to arrive in Iowa City at 1, but I didn't end up arriving until 8:30. I initially had a reservation using points for the 2 nights, but due to my flight issue, I was unsure if I'd actually arrive in Coralville, so I canceled the reservation. It turns out that I was able to make it to Coralville, just 7 hours late.I tried to re-book the reservation, but the hotel was pretty much sold out. Fortunately, the front desk helped me book the last room, a whirlpool suite room and I was even able to use points. Then on Friday night, the awesome front desk staff upgraded me to the same room, so I was using fewer points, but I didn't have to change rooms. That was a pleasant surprise as I was all set to change rooms. Both of the front desk staff members were very pleasant and helpful even though I'm sure they were extremely busy with issues arising with a sold out hotel. I will definitely stay at this hotel property again.

My only complaint and it's one of my biggest pet peeves, is that the fitness center was extremely hot. It felt like it was over 100 degrees in the fitness room. There was a fan, but it was just blowing extremely hot air. It's a small complaint and it doesn't affect whether or not I will stay at this property again, but I did want to bring it to the management's attention.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2012

If I were to choose lodging solely on the previous reviews, I would not have stayed here. I am glad that opted to take a chance or I would have missed one of the most pleasant experiences i have ever had.

This property is conveniently located, well maintained and provided excellent service. I travel a lot in my business, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. This property was a gem for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank O648375
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights to adopt a dog and check out the Amana Colonies and big outlet mall in the area.

The hotel is in a great location. Right off the interstate. University of Iowa is right down the road. The big Coralville Mall is one exit away. Walmart, Target, lots of chain type dining places all very very close. Amana colonies are about 20 mins away. The hotel is connected to the Holiday Inn by a retaurant that serves both hotels. There is also a indoor pool and whirlpool there.

The hotel looks as though it has been around a long time. Very very dated. It appeared as though the lobby/complimentary breakfast areas have been updated recently.

The front desk manager for nights was so sweet and helpful. Her name started with a Z ( I'm sorry I forgot it) so I'm sure they can figure out from there. We got in really late and it's nice to be greeted with a smiling face when you've been driving all night.

Hotel hallways need new carpets. Rooms need a complete overhaul. Very sad to compare this to the new Hamptons. This was more like a motel 6. I understand it's a college town and hotels get worn much quicker but seriously? Getting a new Shower curtain and counter tops in bathrooms and new bed linens is only putting lipstick on a pig. It still has the old smell and look. You have a great location there and the staff at the front desk both days, restaurant and bar staff were all great. Step up the quality of the hotel with the staff we dealt with. The new Hampton Hotels are truly lovely. A little updating here and it would make a world of difference.

The complimentary breakfast was good. It offered both hot and cold breakfast which is a very nice option. They even have a waffle maker to make your own waffles. There was a lot of selections to choose from of both cold and hot food items.

Overall you can't beat the location and staff. An update would go a long way to people who will recommend hotels to others visiting the area. You want people checking out having no doubt where they will stay the next time they visit Iowa City.

• Stayed: February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#6 of 21 in Coralville
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Coralville - Iowa City

Been to Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville? Share your experiences!