All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garageiowa riverper daybrew pubon site restaurantnice hotelmini fridgeshuttle servicefootball weekendthe staff was greatrooms were very cleanlibraryweddingwriteruniversitywetlands
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a very nice property. If you can, order some pizza down the way and sit outside in the back and eat it while looking at the walkway and river. It's a nice touch and adds life to a view that would otherwise be of a close by Hwy 80.

I have stayed here several times. The folks are quite nice here. The rooms tend to be a bit on the pricier side but.... not much more than the hotels up the road. This is heads and shoulders better than most anything else here.

Had a breakfast meeting here. The Chicken andouille hash was very tasty! Surprisingly, all the breakfast items on the Edgewater menu were reasonably priced. The writers museum is also kind of cool, so check that out (next to the elevators).

Room Tip: Wig & Pen pizza down the road is great. get it to go and eat out back. The El Ranchero is a very good Mexican restaurant for a college town. Always ask for a view of the back, where you can see the water.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us and for being a frequent guest of our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and I have shared them with our restaurant team. Our library is a very popular area for our guests as all books were written by authors from the University of Iowa Writers Workshop. We hope you will visit us again if your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great location, hotel staff was helpful and courteous. Restaurants in the building and close by. Not used to walking in the elements from a parking garage to hotel. Conference center was beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean and nice. I had a room with 2 queen beds. Would be nice if all rooms had a microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawn196185
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments from your stay at our hotel and providing us with feedback. We apprecaite your business and hope you will continue to experience our services when you visit the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

An excellent full service Marriott located 15 minutes from the Herbert Hoover historical site and right down the road from the University of Iowa. Check in was fine. The room was spacious and very comfortable. All rooms had complimentary internet which is unusual for a full Marriott. The internet speed was fine for most business needs. Onsite restaurant and bar had an extensive menu with healthy choices and the service was solid. Parking was in a garage next door at a fee. I dislike parking fees at hotels but it seems to be typical for first class hotels. For the platinum Marriott members, the concierge lounge offered a wide and tasty dinnertime selection and the gentleman supervising this was very friendly. A wonderful stay and the physical look of the hotel was very appealing.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff. The Herbert Hoover library is a terrific attraction to visit as it is not far away and easily accesble from the nearby interstate 80.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The rooms are modern and nice. Perhaps a little small but still nice. The breakfast was nice with polite and helpful staff who went out of their way to accomodat my wife's gluten allergy. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are delighted you had a positive experience and hope you will come visit us again if your travels takes you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have elderly family in Iowa City and travel to this area several times a year. I always stay at this Marriott property. It is well located for my needs and very easy to access from the highway. While others may prefer to stay at one of the downtown hotels, Iowa City is relatively small and easy to get around so I have never felt like I was too far from anything staying in Coralville; and parking downtown can be a pain at times.

This is a relatively new Marriott, very well appointed and situated on the riverfront with lovely terrace, walkways and other amenities. The service and staff are excellent. Since when I travel here I am dealing with very stressful elder care issues, I see this hotel as my safe oasis. It is clean, wonderful beds and bedding, good restaurant and a charming library right off the lobby that is a tribute to Iowa City's fame as a haven for writers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us and for being a frequent guest of our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and I have shared them with our housekeeping and restaurant teams. Our library is a very popular area for our guests as all books were written by authors from the University of Iowa Writers Workshop. We hope you will visit us again if your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.