“Nice Hotel & Staff”

Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on business & I was very pleased with my staff. The gentleman that checked me in was very polite & informative...explained to me how the parking ticket worked for the garage.

I had a king room & it was very nice & roomy. It had a great layout with a nice view & the bathroom was roomy as well.

We had drinks in the lobby bar & the bartenders were great! The one gentleman that waited on us was very punctual with our drinks & also very friendly...great customer service!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in the Coralville area. I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I have shared them with our bartending team. We appreciate your feedback and hope your will visit us again when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did a week-end in Iowa City and stayed here thru a deal on price line. We felt we got a good deal on price line, but then we were a little disappointed when we found out that we had to pay an additional $8 per day for parking.

When we got there and checked in, we asked for a high floor away from the elevators with a good view. They put us on the top floor away from the elevator with a great view of the river and walking path. The young lady that checked us in was very nice and accommodating.

We liked our room, it was a little small, but nice. There was a coffee maker with coffee and tea supplies and a refrigerator. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

We took advantage of the large pool , early in the morning while it was quiet. Then we went on a walk along the river.

There is a new Micro Brewery next door that has good root beer, beer, and pizza.

Room Tip: Room 806, on the top floor in the back, was a good room with a good view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Coralville Marriott and providing us with feedback on your experience. I am delighted to know that your stay with us was comfortable and you were able to experience the pool and walking path behind the hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here several days in Feb 2013 for work. The staff was friendly, food was excellent and hotel was very oriented toward the guest. Concierge lounge was one of the best I have experience in the states. Will plan to use this hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Coralville Marriott Hotel and providing us with feedback on your experience. We appreciate the kind comments that you provided us on our service, quality of food and concierge staff.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from a visit to the University of Iowa for a wrestling meet. We made reservations very last moment and they were able to accommodate us in connected rooms which was very convenient for the whole family. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The only thing that didn't go so well was our Sunday brunch in the restaurant. I told the manager that we had a large party of seven and that we would be coming down in about a half hour for the buffet. We arrived on time and still had to wait for 20 minutes for a table even though we could see tables large enough for us were empty. Also,keep in mind that you will be paying for parking while you are there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Coralville Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our team members. We are very proud of our product and the service we provide our guests. I am glad you had a positive experience specifically the cleanliness of your room. I do apologize if we did not meet your expectations in the Restaurant. I have shared your comments with the Restaurant Manager for follow up and corrective action.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We go back to Iowa City/Coralville a few times a year and this is our favorite place to stay for a variety of reasons. It has always been clean and quiet. Room service staff impeccable. Pool area clean and the water is warm.

We usually pay extra to stay in a suite and those happen to be on the concierge level where you need to swipe a key card to get up there. On the weekends, the concierge lounge is closed, which is a bummer. But we noticed on our last weekend stay, you didn't need to sweep the card to get to the upper levels. I asked the front desk, and they said that security is turned off on weekends since the lounge is closed. So the lounge is the only thing they are limiting access to. Well, another benefit of the concierge level is security. Mainly it decreases the chances that groups of kids/teenagers/drunk wedding guests end up on a floor that isn't theirs and are noisy. I don't want the feature to go away just because the snacks aren't sitting out and need protection.

My other complaint is the our breakfast in the restaurant. The eggs benedict sauce was flat. Our server young and not very well trained. An error on our billing for breakfast because there was some discrepancy between what the computer said and the menu. Then don't just bill me higher without discussing. Having said that, after reviewing them on the Marriott site, the manager did e-mail me and ask for feedback. I find this level of service and communication amazing.

Overall, minor complaints in a well maintained and comfortable setting. Will be staying there again. The only thing that would make it better is if it were on the ped mall downtown. But then again, it would also make it noisy and it is so easy to get around town (10 minutes to anywhere) location is not a problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Coralville Marriott and providing us with feedback on your experience. We appreciate the nice comments concerning the cleanliness of your room and have shared that with our housekeeping team. I have also shared your comments about the service and quality of food you received in the Restaurant with our Executive Chef for immediate followup and additional training of staff. We hope you will visit us again when travelling to the Iowa City/Coralville area.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel provided a very enjoyable stay after a long driving on Interstate-80. The room was very clean, the hottub is very relaxing. Breakfast is extra and expensive, also $8 parking is charged. Location is super if you need to stop from I-80 and hit the road again next morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Coralville Marriott. We appreciate your kind comments and have shared it with our team members. Please visit us again when your travels take you to the Iowa City/Coralville area.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel has been great to me, my staff, and clients every year! Our little company handles transportation for a hugh client and the Marriott Coralville staff always treat us with 5-Star service. From helping us with parking areas for our vehicles, to giving us a heads up when one of our VIP's are coming to the car from meetings. While waiting, the hotel staff has even asked our drivers if they'ed like a cup of coffee when standing in the lobby. I work on standby for a VIP during their stay and they always try to put my room on the same floor. I could go on, but you get what I'm saying. From business travelers, celebs, or even a chauffeur like me, this hotel IS a great choice!

Room Tip: I am use to being on the 8th floor facing the front (west) of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Holiday Inn Express Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#6 of 21 in Coralville
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville

Been to Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!