We go back to Iowa City/Coralville a few times a year and this is our favorite place to stay for a variety of reasons. It has always been clean and quiet. Room service staff impeccable. Pool area clean and the water is warm.
We usually pay extra to stay in a suite and those happen to be on the concierge level where you need to swipe a key card to get up there. On the weekends, the concierge lounge is closed, which is a bummer. But we noticed on our last weekend stay, you didn't need to sweep the card to get to the upper levels. I asked the front desk, and they said that security is turned off on weekends since the lounge is closed. So the lounge is the only thing they are limiting access to. Well, another benefit of the concierge level is security. Mainly it decreases the chances that groups of kids/teenagers/drunk wedding guests end up on a floor that isn't theirs and are noisy. I don't want the feature to go away just because the snacks aren't sitting out and need protection.
My other complaint is the our breakfast in the restaurant. The eggs benedict sauce was flat. Our server young and not very well trained. An error on our billing for breakfast because there was some discrepancy between what the computer said and the menu. Then don't just bill me higher without discussing. Having said that, after reviewing them on the Marriott site, the manager did e-mail me and ask for feedback. I find this level of service and communication amazing.
Overall, minor complaints in a well maintained and comfortable setting. Will be staying there again. The only thing that would make it better is if it were on the ped mall downtown. But then again, it would also make it noisy and it is so easy to get around town (10 minutes to anywhere) location is not a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located adjacent to the University of Iowa, Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is one of the finest hotels in Iowa City. Featuring smoke-free accommodations and the area's largest meeting space, our hotel in Coralville, Iowa is within easy reach of Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. The perfect place for conferences, elegant weddings, family reunions and retreats of all sizes, we offer 60,000 sq ft event space, including a 30,000 sq ft exhibit hall and innovative guest rooms - each equipped with wireless internet access, plasma TV, Marriott Revive bedding and a spacious workspace. Guests can enjoy our hotel's walking trails, dining, indoor pool, 24-hour health club and unique Iowa Writer's Library, housing manuscripts from the country's oldest society of writers. Complimentary Internet access is available in public spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Coralville Hotel And Conference Center
- Marriott Coralville Hotel Coralville
- Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Iowa