All reviews the concierge lounge parking garage iowa river per day brew pub on site restaurant nice hotel mini fridge shuttle service the staff was great football weekend rooms were very clean library wedding writer university wetlands
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel has been great to me, my staff, and clients every year! Our little company handles transportation for a hugh client and the Marriott Coralville staff always treat us with 5-Star service. From helping us with parking areas for our vehicles, to giving us a heads up when one of our VIP's are coming to the car from meetings. While waiting, the hotel staff has even asked our drivers if they'ed like a cup of coffee when standing in the lobby. I work on standby for a VIP during their stay and they always try to put my room on the same floor. I could go on, but you get what I'm saying. From business travelers, celebs, or even a chauffeur like me, this hotel IS a great choice!

Room Tip: I am use to being on the 8th floor facing the front (west) of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is a new and well fitted hotel that has views of the river and some comfortable public rooms including a library. However the check in desk staff are unwelcoming (I have stayed five times and had the experience every time) and they just want to get your number checked off and you moved out of their face. Rooms are comfortable and up to Marriott standard; restaurant and breakfast bar are standard "all American" and "healthy". Wine bar lacks atmosphere and has poor and uncomfortable seating around the walls, but is passable.

It is not acceptable for a hotel in this place to charge $8 a night for parking in a semi covered lot about 200 yards away when you have to walk through howling sub zero temperatures in three of the twelve months. Give us a break.

Room Tip: Depends what you want. A river view is good in spring; views on the other side up to Coralville really wouldn't interest or excite anyone. Coralvile?! Second floor is noisy high floors best IMHO
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 night on a driving trip. We are used to higher end corporate hotels and this hotel fit that description. The staff was friendly, efficient and professional. The room was comfortable, quiet and well appointed--we were on one of the top 2 floors. Access to I-80 was quick and easy. We were surprised to find a new development right outside the hotel that included several nice restaurants--sushi, brew pub and upscale American bistro--that we could walk to. There is an $8 overnight parking fee (in & out anytime) for self parking in a nearby covered garage which is city owned. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott for one night in December and it couldn't have been nicer. The building, the room, the service, and the conference area were superb. Even though I didn't have a chance to use it, I would have liked to spend some time in the library room near the lobby for quiet reading. Would definitely return here if ever in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Make no mistake, the quality of this Marriott compares easy to a Westin, I've stayed there 3 times. Great service at the front desk (the college kids are well trained) , luggage assistance and room service. Although I've paid more than what this Marriott charges per night in various parts of the world (like Maui) , I can't justify the cost in the middle of Iowa. At a minimum, these are Chicago prices. Doesn't make sense. Give me walking access to Navy Pier, Solder Field, Wrigley, Untied Center, Sox Park or the Theater District and I'll not complain about the room rate per night. OK - you're close to Target, Wal-Mart and Applebees - give me a break. I'm headed to the Holliday Inn Express next time. Nearly $400 per night is unreasonable - sorry.

Sorry Marriott - you can't Charge Maui prices in Iowa.

You get a 4 for quality but a 2 for price; Thats why I rank you a 3.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family